User Tag List

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: CeCe's repurposing page.

started out as this..

now looks like this.

Then i worked on these

i distressed and put on new pulls. Will show the staged photo tomorrow.

Not sure what the next project is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

found these exact chairs on Facebook.. negotiates 20 a piece and bought 12. 2400 worth of chairs for 240. i have a great table to pair them with

CeCe's repurposing page.

Bought this set over the weekend. sanded, painted, distressed applied poly, and new knobs!

Can’t keep nightstands in stock

i might check KC market place and make a run or two

Last edited by MNvegasgal; 08-19-2020 at 03:44 AM.

Hi CeCe, I have a question for you, have you ever repurposed any 80’s lacquer furniture? If so, what did you do and do you have any pictures? My bedroom set is a gray lacquer and I would love to give it an update if I can. I believe it was made by Broyhill, it still looks like new but it’s so dated. I was curious if you had any ideas. Thanks

If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post
    Hi CeCe, I have a question for you, have you ever repurposed any 80’s lacquer furniture? If so, what did you do and do you have any pictures? My bedroom set is a gray lacquer and I would love to give it an update if I can. I believe it was made by Broyhill, it still looks like new but it’s so dated. I was curious if you had any ideas. Thanks

i have done that.. let me look through my photos. I had some broyhill that i painted.

I would use a milk paint over a chalk paint. Changing up the color, and changing out the hardware will give you a whole new look with out spending a ton of money.

What colors are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    i have done that.. let me look through my photos. I had some broyhill that i painted.

I would use a milk paint over a chalk paint. Changing up the color, and changing out the hardware will give you a whole new look with out spending a ton of money.

What colors are you thinking?

I’m not set on any particular color, if you have a suggestion of a color that would come out best I’m up for a suggestion.

I’ll take a few pictures tomorrow and maybe it will give you a better idea.

Here are pictures of my furniture, I am open to any suggestions on how to restore my dated 80’s furniture! Btw, I was wrong about my furniture, it’s Bassett not Broyhill.

Here’s one of the problems I may encounter, I removed the ugly gold trim from the headboard several years ago and I think it will easily come off of the mirror too, just not sure how I’ll get it off of the dresser and night stands?

I think the grey is a good color.. accentuate the gold with updates... gold handles, distressing the edges of the drawers and edges of the furniture. Like this

Then pick an accent color, Navy, white or a black..

And bring some accents with those colors. Then add some greens and woods or metals for texture.

Your furniture is more mid century modern.. so I would work within that.

Another option would be to change out the headboard with the gold, and then add the gold accents. Would change your room drastically.

That is one way to go with the least amount of work, and the most impact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your ideas! I used to have more white on the bed with accent blanket pillows, like your one picture, now the little black pug sleeps with us so I have been buying darker sheets.

Thanks for your ideas, maybe I’ll just try new curtains and some different accents in the room. My furniture is still like new and made so well, I would hate to just get rid of it but I do feel like it screams 1987!