User Tag List

Page 89 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Laurie that is awesome, keep it up!! I wish I could do keto but having ibs and lactose problems, keeps me away from the fats and dairy. I have been cutting my carbs but my diet is so boring, so sick of chicken breast, seafood, and veggies, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    This is what I drink every morning- bulletproof coffee. There are a lot of different recipes I use one tbsp mct oil and 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream in my coffee. I don’t have time to cook breakfast and this keeps me full till lunch and helps me get my fat grams for the day

This explains what mct oil is in case you aren’t familiar with it.
    Update I have lost 50 pounds doing keto

https://draxe.com/mct-oil/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this Laurie! Does the mct oil give some flavor to your coffee? I love my caramel flavored creamer, one thing I haven't given up yet but would try this if it added some kind of flavor. Congrats on the weight loss!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Thanks for this Laurie! Does the mct oil give some flavor to your coffee? I love my caramel flavored creamer, one thing I haven't given up yet but would try this if it added some kind of flavor. Congrats on the weight loss!

No taste or smell in it try adding a sugar free syrup. I always drank it black but love it this new way now

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    No taste or smell in it try adding a sugar free syrup. I always drank it black but love it this new way now

That's what I thought I might have to look for. Or just use the sugar free creamers which probably don't have as much fat as the whipping cream. Thanks!

Laurie, in the language of journalism, that's called "burying the lead." You are looking fantastic, and as with all keto-ers on this board, there is a vibrance and energy that comes through in your photos.

(I have been plateauing for so long that I may as well call it maintenance, but this thread keeps me motivated enough to keep working on it.)

Quote Originally Posted by serenasea View Post
    Laurie, in the language of journalism, that's called "burying the lead." You are looking fantastic, and as with all keto-ers on this board, there is a vibrance and energy that comes through in your photos.

(I have been plateauing for so long that I may as well call it maintenance, but this thread keeps me motivated enough to keep working on it.)
    I have not been losing much either but I think it's the 12 or so beers a night. hhh

OMGosh Laurie that's fabulous!!!! Way to go!

I just ordered some of the MCT oil you use from Amazon. I know that fat makes you full and I know I need more fat and less protein in my diet. I lost weight initially but have plateaued like Serena and I want to lose more weight. I drink iced coffee in the morning, wonder if that'll work in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    OMGosh Laurie that's fabulous!!!! Way to go!

I just ordered some of the MCT oil you use from Amazon. I know that fat makes you full and I know I need more fat and less protein in my diet. I lost weight initially but have plateaued like Serena and I want to lose more weight. I drink iced coffee in the morning, wonder if that'll work in it?
    Thanks! I said if I just maintained during camping season then I would be happy and I have done that and still losing but slower.
    I'm sure it will work in iced. I've seen people use one of those little handheld blenders to mix it in but I just stir it in my hot coffee.
    Last edited by Laurie; 08-01-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    I have not been losing much either but I think it's the 12 or so beers a night. hhh
    Ya think? HHH. You look good too Greg and probably feel a whole lot better every day with Keto.

Wow, that's really great Laurie!