User Tag List

Page 138 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

You did warn me about the chaffle craze in AC, these look awesome! The one pub here in town makes a BLT between waffles and they infuse the waffles with cheese and other spices, I bet these come close to that. Chaffle on!
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Made my favorite turkey tenderloins for dinner. They were delicious! I also attempted make a cauliflower hash brown chaffle in my Belgian waffle maker. It was a complete fail! BUT......I still tasted it and decided that with a little tweaking it will make a great stuffing when the holidays roll around.
    fullsizeoutput_5c81.jpg

My first chaffle attempt not as pretty as Chris's but was tasty and I'll try again used it as bread for a sandwich pepper turkey with lettuce pepperacini and cucumbers it was tasty and kept me full all day!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Now that I've been clued into Chaffles, I just may be able to cut out my bread addiction! Might even be able to get Jeff to try it also. Will do some research on it. Thanks Nhchris for posting about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

WOW Chris, those Chaffles look awesome-especially the one with chicken and syrup- I'm Drooling!! Can I ask how many meals you are doing a day...or are you doing a set amount of calories? Those Chaffles look amazing but I'm thinking with huge amount of calories you couldn't eat much more in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by nhmajik View Post
    WOW Chris, those Chaffles look awesome-especially the one with chicken and syrup- I'm Drooling!! Can I ask how many meals you are doing a day...or are you doing a set amount of calories? Those Chaffles look amazing but I'm thinking with huge amount of calories you couldn't eat much more in a day.
    Chrissy, I count carbs rather than calories for the most part. I usually eat 2-3 meals a day and sometimes a snack. 2 basic chaffles are one egg and 1/3-1/2 cup of cheese. Less than one Carb in an egg and depending on the cheese 0-3 carbs. So my chaffles are 1-2 carbs apiece, or 2-4 when I make a sandwich (plus the sandwich ingredients). Honestly, my biggest problem with carbs is tomatoes!! I fucking love them.

So my usual day of eating is either a chaffle egg sandwich or eggs, meat and avocado for breakfast, a big ass salad for lunch and meat and a veggie or 2 for dinner. A snack might be a scoop of rebel ice cream or some berries or some nuts. I drink coffee, water and a Powerade zero throughout the day. (Of course, this is all when I am behaving HHH) I would guess that my calories run form 1000-1600 on a normal day. I will say that I have been pretty much stalled for 9 months now, but when I gain like after a trip to AC (OUCH) I lose it all within a few days. My damn body has settled in here and doesn't want to give up any more fat!! I need to do a fast, but I just haven't been able to force myself to do that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndyga View Post
    My first chaffle attempt not as pretty as Chris's but was tasty and I'll try again used it as bread for a sandwich pepper turkey with lettuce pepperacini and cucumbers it was tasty and kept me full all day!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I think that is very pretty!

I've been OK with my cloud bread but these sound soo much better and um...cheese makes everything better! As soon as I get motivated again (which better be tomorrow) I will try some with my regular waffle maker for sure!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    I've been OK with my cloud bread but these sound soo much better and um...cheese makes everything better! As soon as I get motivated again (which better be tomorrow) I will try some with my regular waffle maker for sure!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Keep us posted how they turned out...I have a regular waffle maker too and thinking of trying them. That one on the burger Chris posted is calling me!

The chaffling continues. Sliced Swiss cheese with an egg made the two chaffles. I rested them on a cooling rack for maximum crunch. Sausage and another egg completed the concoction Delicious and Lola approved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk