User Tag List

Page 146 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Bought a ginormous bag of broccoli at Costco the other day, and had to use it or lose it! So I made a big pot of broccoli cheese soup and tried a new recipe - cheesy ranch roasted broccoli. We had the soup for dinner and will try the other as a side tomorrow.

Attachment 9602

Attachment 9603
    I love broccoli any which way it's cooked, but I do love broccoli cheese soup. Yum ... looks delish.

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post
    I’ve been away from the forum for a while and I’m just catching up on this thread. The chaffles look so great and seem to be so popular everywhere! But how do they not taste eggy? I guess like pancakes don’t ? The wonder bread one looks so good! I’m trying to gather all the basic recipes while I wait for my mini Waffle maker to come in.
    Thanks to all of y’all for posting such great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So no opinions on whether they taste eggy?

@KimKyle no, they don’t taste eggy at all.

I’ve been experimenting with almond, pecan and coconut flour. I prefer the coconut flour chaffles, to me they aren’t as dry as when I use the other flours.
    @Nhcris I want to come live at your house! I love all the different recipes you are always making!

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post
    So no opinions on whether they taste eggy?

Generally, if you cook them long enough they don't taste eggy. I do find that adding flour makes them more breadlike. The first time I made the original Wonder Bread recipe, mine was a little like a puffy omelet, so I kicked that recipe to the curb. Others have not had that issue with it though, so I might have had premature chaffelation. The toughest thing is nor overfilling the waffle maker!

Oh, also some people recommend using egg whites to reduce the egg taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    @KimKyle no, they don’t taste eggy at all.

I’ve been experimenting with almond, pecan and coconut flour. I prefer the coconut flour chaffles, to me they aren’t as dry as when I use the other flours.
    @Nhcris I want to come live at your house! I love all the different recipes you are always making!
    Anytime @Mary9915! But you are a far better cook than I am!

I may have used coconut flour once, on a sweet one? I don't remember. I got the Costco sized almond flour, so it is my go to! I really should do more with coconut flour to understand the textural difference better.

Remember chafflers, because coconut flour is so absorbent, the ratio of coconut flour to almond flour is 1 coconut to 3 almond if you are substituting!

Blog Entries

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

My “McGriddle” this morn. This is from that place, as an a la carte item. SO yummy!

I had the snickerdoodle cupcake when I got home from a movie last night. SO delicious but I had crazy stomach issues for a few hours after (not pain, just rumbling and gas, sorry TMI). And I had a similar reaction after I ate that parfait. I am wondering if it’s the artificial sweeteners? I know she uses Swerve; maybe that’s negatively affecting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    My “McGriddle” this morn. This is from that place, as an a la carte item. SO yummy!

I had the snickerdoodle cupcake when I got home from a movie last night. SO delicious but I had crazy stomach issues for a few hours after (not pain, just rumbling and gas, sorry TMI). And I had a similar reaction after I ate that parfait. I am wondering if it’s the artificial sweeteners? I know she uses Swerve; maybe that’s negatively affecting me.

It most likely is the sweetener. I have one that affected me once from some Aldi dessert bars but keep forgetting which one. I will have to try to remember to check the labels next time I'm there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks y’all! I appreciate the help! I am anxiously awaiting my little Dash waffle maker. It was back ordered at Amazon

Here is my bacon sandwich on a chaffle I made for lunch. Just the basic one - egg and cheese, I haven’t made any other kind of chaffle yet. I don’t find them too eggy but I like all kinds of eggs. Helps to sprinkle a little shredded cheese on the maker before putting the batter on to make it crispy and cool on a rack. Even foamy likes them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Here is my bacon sandwich on a chaffle I made for lunch. Just the basic one - egg and cheese, I haven’t made any other kind of chaffle yet. I don’t find them too eggy but I like all kinds of eggs. Helps to sprinkle a little shredded cheese on the maker before putting the batter on to make it crispy and cool on a rack. Even foamy likes them!

Yeah, that is how I make all of mine, I sprinkle the cheese, then pour the egg, then more cheese. And then cool on a wire rack. They’re definitely crispier that way.

I’ve seen many vids where they mix the cheese in with the egg and pour it all on at once... I haven’t tried it like that yet.