User Tag List

Page 149 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

If you are trying to eat low carb and haven’t made an egg loaf you need to! So easy and so good! Only ingredients are cream cheese, butter and eggs. Tastes like French toast I topped with sugar free syrup and raspberries and whipped cream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks delicious Laurie!

I have a Thanksgiving dilemma. I want to make stuffing for Thanksgiving but I want to use a low carb bread to make my stuffing mix.

Has anyone tried this? Do you have a good bread recipe you could share?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post

I have a Thanksgiving dilemma. I want to make stuffing for Thanksgiving but I want to use a low carb bread to make my stuffing mix.

I only tried one on my first Keto Thanksgiving. It was horrendous and the whole thing went down the garbage.

However, I am in a few Facebook keto chaffle groups, and there are a bunch of recipes with people using chaffles as the base. I also was thinking about trying it with the Keto cornbread as a base. But, we won't be here for Thanksgiving so I won't be trying any of these until closer to Christmas. I have no clue if either of these would be any good, and the fact that most of these have a lot of cheese in the base gives me pause. But with the usual stuffing additions, they could work out well. Sorry I don't have anything definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I only tried one on my first Keto Thanksgiving. It was horrendous and the whole thing went down the garbage.

However, I am in a few Facebook keto chaffle groups, and there are a bunch of recipes with people using chaffles as the base. I also was thinking about trying it with the Keto cornbread as a base. But, we won't be here for Thanksgiving so I won't be trying any of these until closer to Christmas. I have no clue if either of these would be any good, and the fact that most of these have a lot of cheese in the base gives me pause. But with the usual stuffing additions, they could work out well. Sorry I don't have anything definitive.
    I wish I could get my hands on some of the Aldi’s low carb bread...I’d make my own stuffing bread.

I’m kinda thinking about getting a loaf of this and cubing it, seasoning it and drying it out in the oven. Do you think this might work?
    https://www.amazon.com/ThinSlim-Food...4100593&sr=8-4

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

OK, I said I was going to post my meals, so even though last week was pretty boring here they are.

Frig clean out day. Filet with leftover spaghetti squash (with parm), leftover acorn squash leftover caulimash & tomato with mozzarella and crispy basil (cooked in the air fryer).

Dijon herb crusted pork loin. Served it with broccoli and leftover corn bread.

Didn’t feel like cooking (or doing dishes HHH)one night so I had the last of a pint of Rebel Strawberry ice cream with a few fresh strawberries. Rebel has less than 2 carbs in a half cup serving and the strawberry is quite delicious.

Shrimp arrabiata over zoodles.

Made this chaffle with crumbled bacon in the chaffle. Tasty!

Petite filet with green beans and cauliflower Mac & cheese that Laurie posted the recipe for last week. It was very good! Thanks Laurie.

Last edited by chrissyDee; 11-18-2019 at 06:28 PM.

I wish I could get my hands on some of the Aldi’s low carb bread...I’d make my own stuffing bread.

I’m kinda thinking about getting a loaf of this and cubing it, seasoning it and drying it out in the oven. Do you think this might work?
    It's worth a try. The reviews I have read on it are mixed, but to use it as a stuffing base might offset some of those complaints, as I think many folks said it as dry. I guess the Aldi's bread flies off the shelves as soon as they ge it in. But, for what it's worth, those reviews are also mixed.

I use bread chicken broth celery onions green pepper Italian sausage and quite a bit of sage it's awesome.

I keep checking our aldis for the zero carb bread too but no luck getting it yet

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    I use bread chicken broth celery onions green pepper Italian sausage and quite a bit of sage it's awesome.
    Can’t go wrong with that recipe Foamy!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I keep checking our aldis for the zero carb bread too but no luck getting it yet

I got one loaf of it early on and now can’t find it anywhere!