User Tag List

Page 150 of 164 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    I got one loaf of it early on and now can’t find it anywhere!
    They got rid of it temporarily. Couldn’t find a way to keep up with demand so they took it off the shelves. May come back next year from what I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Mary9915, This recipe showed up on one of my groups today. It sounds like it would work out well. I'll hopefully try it before Christmas.

Cornbread recipe I used, I double the recipe for 9 by 13 pan@ 375 for 35 minutes and made cornbread last night so today I just made the cornbread dressing Recipe for Keto cornbread: 2 cups almond flour

2 tsp of baking powder
    1 tsp of sea salt
    4 eggs;beaten
    1 cup of sour cream
    1 stick of melted butter
    3 tbsp of sugar substitute
    4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream
    1 1/2 tbsp sweet corn flavoring
    For dressing:
    Chop 1/2 cup onion and celery each
    Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter
    Sauté onions and celery till translucent
    In large bowl crumble cornbread
    Mix with cornbread, salt and pepper to taste, 1 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning the cooled onion and celery mixture , 2 1/2 cans of organic low sodium chicken broth and 1 egg. Combine all ingredients and pour in 9 by 13 pan bake covered for 30 minutes at 375 and uncovered bake additional 30 minutes but watch cause you don’t want it to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    @Mary9915, This recipe showed up on one of my groups today. It sounds like it would work out well. I'll hopefully try it before Christmas.

Cornbread recipe I used, I double the recipe for 9 by 13 pan@ 375 for 35 minutes and made cornbread last night so today I just made the cornbread dressing Recipe for Keto cornbread: 2 cups almond flour

2 tsp of baking powder
    1 tsp of sea salt
    4 eggs;beaten
    1 cup of sour cream
    1 stick of melted butter
    For dressing:
    Mix with cornbread, salt and pepper to taste, 1 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning the cooled onion and celery mixture , 2 1/2 cans of organic low sodium chicken broth and 1 egg. Combine all ingredients and pour in 9 by 13 pan bake covered for 30 minutes at 375 and uncovered bake additional 30 minutes but watch cause you don’t want it to dry out.

That sounds amazing! Thanks Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post

2 tsp of baking powder
    1 tsp of sea salt
    4 eggs;beaten
    1 cup of sour cream
    1 stick of melted butter
    For dressing:

Thanks for the recipe I will try making the cornbread

Here’s my review of my first attempt at low carb stuffing: 2 thumbs up and i’ll Make it again for sure.

I used this recipe for the bread: https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/lo...skillet-bread/

I had made it a week or so ago. Today I slide it in cubes, drizzled some unsalted butter on the cubes and cooked at 350 until the bread dried out...about 20 minutes. Cooled and set aside.

In a pan I browned celery and onions. Added ground pork sausage, salt and pepper and lots of sage and sautéed until cooked. Thoroughly drained the sausage mix and then added the breadcrumbs and some chicken stock. Put dressing in a greased casserole dish, dotted the top of the dressing with butter and cooked uncovered at 350 for about an hour.

The taste was 2 thumbs up. I’ll definitely make low carb stuffing again. Next time I’ll try a bread recipe without cheese because the chicken broth didn’t soak into the stuffing bread like it does normally so the stuffing didn’t bind together like normal. Maybe I’ll add an egg next time to bind everything thing together...either way it still was delicious and I would serve it to non-Keto people. I don’t think they would notice that it was Keto.

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Hi jokers!

Steve and I started the Keto diet on Monday. I’m finally done breastfeeding Elliott and it’s about dang time I get back to my pre-kids weight. I turn 40 in March and I don’t want to be “fat at 40,” but wanna be “fit at 40!”

I’m not quite sure if I’m doing it all correctly but we are avoiding all sugar and carbs. I’m reading a lot of blogs and articles and am in a Facebook group but they make it seem so complicated with macros/Mct etc etc. I have no idea what those are

Here’s our lunch today. Zoodles with turkey bol

Please give me all the tips and advice for noobs!

Here is my favorite cauliflower recipe. I make it for thanksgiving every year and it’s so yummy!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...r-bake-recipe/

Last edited by nancypants; 12-05-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Good luck Steve and Nancy! Laurie and Chris can better answer your questions but remember low sugar and carbs is good but it wont be as successful unless you get protein and fats in there too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I decided to experiment with this spaghetti squash recipe because it looked really good. It’s not bad, I would probably try it again.

https://tiphero.com/cheesy-broccolini-spaghetti-squash

I modified the recipe slightly. I used regular broccoli instead of broccolini and I added mushrooms because I like mushrooms. I also broiled my veggies instead of sautéing them because that’s how I like my broccoli. I added a little butter to the spaghetti squash too. I seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

We’ve been going keto strong here. Down 2.5 lbs in 8 days. Steve is losing faster than me. Tonight I will shove a donut in his mouth

Here is our breakfast this morning

The wrapper has a slight hint of cardboard with a little egg. O carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
    We’ve been going keto strong here. Down 2.5 lbs in 8 days. Steve is losing faster than me. Tonight I will shove a donut in his mouth
    I sounds like you have everything under control! A lot of it is just finding what you like to eat that is Keto friendly, and trying new things. Don't you hate how easy men lose wight? I hope you do shove that donut in his mouth HHH.