User Tag List

Page 10 of 164 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Todays 4:30 snack --- some shrimp with cocktail sauce, nuts and stick of string cheese. Tonight's dinner will be Caesar salad with broiled chicken. Nothing fancy, food you can get any place and has been around forever.

One thing we do do (note the space between the do and do). Cathy makes up a batch of cookies and we freeze the individual cookies. Say about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. 2 hot fresh baked cookies every night. Yes it is carbs but does satisfy the craving for carbs/sweets, but in moderation.
    Very important to do do also!

Meal prep game gone wild here tonight.

After a no hold barred thanks giving 3 day binge back on track.

Make these easy ass egg muffins

Used bacon ham onions broccoli peppers jalapeno or whatever kinda omelette style ingreditents you want.

Made some broccoli cheddar and ham

Some onions and peppers and Gouda

And some Monterey jack and bacon and ham and jalapenos

Used egg white and cooked in muffin to for 350 for 30 min

No need to add salt or pepper til warmed up when ready to eat

Last edited by dvandentop; 11-27-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Costco sells. 6 pack of egg whites for like $6 in Cartons and log shelf life.

Blog Entries
    Dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down 22 lbs from last April. Semi low carb, but zero sugar diet.

This diet has really change my eating habits. Before April, can’t think of anytime I didn’t eat three full meals day in day out. I would feel faint if I went 6 hours without food. Now I can whole days without eating if I want to - with no hunger, sometimes I have to remember to eat something. Feel much more alert without the sugar.

That’s great @hytail

Quote Originally Posted by hytail View Post
    Down 22 lbs from last April. Semi low carb, but zero sugar diet.

This diet has really change my eating habits. Before April, can’t think of anytime I didn’t eat three full meals day in day out. I would feel faint if I went 6 hours without food. Now I can whole days without eating if I want to - with no hunger, sometimes I have to remember to eat something. Feel much more alert without the sugar.

Well done! You always looked to be in great shape to me, so I am super impressed. I am learning that sugar is the Devil.

I am still experimenting with new recipes, and now I am waiting for my Instant Pot to arrive tomorrow. I figured I would join the craze since it sounds like it will make healthy cooking more fun. I also ordered a small food processor with a Spiralizer that I am even more excited about haha.

Yesterday for lunch I took the stock Frank made from the turkey and threw in some chunks of turkey and some cauliflower crumbles and it was very filling and quite good. I made cheese crisps to go with and have a little crunch.

Dinner was shrimp & broccoli alfredo on spaghetti squash. It was good, although I will look for a better alfredo recipe for next time as this one didn't want to thicken. Very filling and satisfying though!

And the journey to health continues.....

grew up in San Joaquin valley. Now in bay area
    All the food looks delicious and tasty. Keep it up everyone. Good health to all.

Here’s our low carb dinner tonight: chicken scallopini and a green salad.

Also, for snacking we keep oven-roasted almonds on hand. I cook about 3 cups of raw almonds at a time. Cover a lg cookie sheet with aluminum foil then spray it with Pam. I coat the almond with 1 egg white mixed with 1/2 Tbl water and 1 tsp salt. Bake @ 325 for 30 min, stirring after 10 and 20 min.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk