User Tag List

Page 102 of 164 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    So I have been doing this Way of Eating for nearly a year now, and I visited my doctor today to check on things. Well, all of my tests were perfect! She was actually surprised that my numbers were so good, as she has a few other patients doing Keto that have had some issues. But she is very pleased with both the amount of weight I have lost in this amount of time, and the results of all my tests. She even asked for some pointers HHH

So, I am officially 60 pounds down and continuing on my journey. KETO ON!
    Wow! That is so awesome! You have really embraced this! I’ve been so inspired by this thread to get back on track so many great successes on here are really helping!

Congratulations ! You have really done it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KimKyle; 10-14-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post
    I tried the Diet Doctor’s keto bread because I see so many posts about it. It was easy to make but messy.
    It’s a bit flavorless but has a good texture. I’ll try to season it up next time I make it and see if that helps.

Those look great! Love when others share their recipes and pics. So far not craving the breads or pastas. My kid brought cupcakes with my favorite buttercream icing into the house yesterday and I caved and ate one. As my penance, I'm spending the day in the kitchen food prepping for the week for both keto and non-keto meals for us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I tried the Diet Doctor’s keto bread because I see so many posts about it. It was easy to make but messy.
    It’s a bit flavorless but has a good texture. I’ll try to season it up next time I make it and see if that helps.

Those look really good! I have been disappointed with most 'bread' recipes I have tried, but they always look so good when you make them. I might give that one a shot, but I think I need to buy psyllium husk, whatever the hell is!

I'm very proud of you my friend! Wow, 60 Ibs!!! I remember when you had just started Keto when you went on the Princess cruise last year
    Looking forward to seeing the "new you" in two weeks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Those look really good! I have been disappointed with most 'bread' recipes I have tried, but they always look so good when you make them. I might give that one a shot, but I think I need to buy psyllium husk, whatever the hell is!
    Thanks ! I have always baked bread, rolls,kolaches etc. but I agree that most keto breads disappoint. But texture wise this one is pretty good.

The cheese breads like what @Laurie posted are definitely tastier.

Psyllium husk is pure fiber. It’s In Metamucil and other supplements. It’s great for your heart too. I used powdered husks but I think you can also use coaster ground ones.

Let us know if you try it!

Thanks ! I have always baked bread, rolls,kolaches etc. but I agree that most keto breads disappoint. But texture wise this one is pretty good.

The cheese breads like what @Laurie posted are definitely tastier.

Psyllium husk is pure fiber. It’s In Metamucil and other supplements. It’s great for your heart too. I used powdered husks but I think you can also use coaster ground ones.

Let us know if you try it!

Just wondering how much psyllium husk sets you back? I've seen it in some recipes and know that even buying almond or coconut flour, oil, and artificial sweeteners gets expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Those look great! Love when others share their recipes and pics. So far not craving the breads or pastas. My kid brought cupcakes with my favorite buttercream icing into the house yesterday and I caved and ate one. As my penance, I'm spending the day in the kitchen food prepping for the week for both keto and non-keto meals for us.

Thanks!! Never beat yourself up over a little slip. I read somewhere “if you want the brownie,eat the damn brownie! Then get right back on track”. I’m coming back from a long time of stressed fueled slips and i just keep trying!

Thanks all your positive posts!!!

Some impressive weight loss numbers for the low-carb/Keto group, for sure, and very motivating to someone like me who has been in plateau range for what seems like forever. And not dreading stepping on the scale at the doctor's office must have felt really good!

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Just wondering how much psyllium husk sets you back? I've seen it in some recipes and know that even buying almond or coconut flour, oil, and artificial sweeteners gets expensive!

The psyllium kinda high for sure. That’s one reason I was hesitant to try this bread. 12 oz was about 10$ and you use 5 Tbls for that recipe. So its could be a deciding factor for me. I did see it a bit cheaper on Netrition.com. I used to order from them way back when I started low carb. They have good prices and a set shipping rate per order.

Almond flour can be expensive too. I’ve found the best buy at Costco for sure. I use it for my little chocolate cake I love so much so I stock up when they have it.

The psyllium kinda high for sure. That’s one reason I was hesitant to try this bread. 12 oz was about 10$ and you use 5 Tbls for that recipe. So its could be a deciding factor for me. I did see it a bit cheaper on Netrition.com. I used to order from them way back when I started low carb. They have good prices and a set shipping rate per order.

Almond flour can be expensive too. I’ve found the best buy at Costco for sure. I use it for my little chocolate cake I love so much so I stock up when they have it.

Thanks Kim! We don't have our Costco membership anymore but I have friends who can get things for me. The almond flour is great for desserts and would help curb those occasional cheats.