User Tag List

Page 109 of 164 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by nhmajik View Post
    Was that gain from a week of cheats? If so, did eating carbs make you feel sick?
    No I didn't have any issues with that. I didn't think I went crazy ok carbs but probably did compared to my normal intermittent fasting I do at home where I only have my mct oil and acv and lemon juice for breakfast.

Could be from sweets too as too many good desserts and treats at the slot tourney or meals

Was that gain from a week of cheats? If so, did eating carbs make you feel sick?
    Chrissy, I can vouch that eating carbs has not made me sick. Still cheating, ugh. I may just wait till after the holidays to go full force again and just try to limit my cheating in the next 6 weeks, hhh.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    No I didn't have any issues with that. I didn't think I went crazy ok carbs but probably did compared to my normal intermittent fasting I do at home where I only have my mct oil and acv and lemon juice for breakfast.

Could be from sweets too as too many good desserts and treats at the slot tourney or meals
    That is good to hear that you didn't get sick. I've been doing the IF also 18/6 and glad to hear you were able to get right back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Chrissy, I can vouch that eating carbs has not made me sick. Still cheating, ugh. I may just wait till after the holidays to go full force again and just try to limit my cheating in the next 6 weeks, hhh.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    This is very good to hear that you both didn't get sick. I think I'm reading too much crap online -people saying how really ill they got after being in ketosis and then cheating. Same with alcohol/ horrible hangovers...I was fine but stayed keto friendly drinks . I'm going away in a couple weeks and I know I will most likely eat stuff not allowed on keto. I was worried about being sick on vacation if I cheated. Which is weird, because I am in ketosis, I'm not getting a lot of cravings or horrible hunger. I'm losing weight, I feel really good, great mental clarity and a lot of inflammation has left. Yet I'm thinking of cheating- WTF??! Yes, holidays will be a struggle and hope you're able to limit your cheats so you don't reverse all the positive you achieved from changing your WOE.

Down 2 lbs today so that a good start

I haven't been hardcore keto in a while but I remember when I finally took a first trip after no alcohol for like 2 months got drunk really easy so take it slow the first vacation

Holidays is the hardest since so many good food we all know and love the biggest things to stay away from are sweets they will make ya hold onto water weight more Imho
    Last edited by dvandentop; 11-14-2018 at 04:56 PM.

F’n scales say I have gained 4 lbs. I hate them bitches! I guess I will need to pay attention to this thread.

That is good to hear that you didn't get sick. I've been doing the IF also 18/6 and glad to hear you were able to get right back into it.

This is very good to hear that you both didn't get sick. I think I'm reading too much crap online -people saying how really ill they got after being in ketosis and then cheating. Same with alcohol/ horrible hangovers...I was fine but stayed keto friendly drinks . I'm going away in a couple weeks and I know I will most likely eat stuff not allowed on keto. I was worried about being sick on vacation if I cheated. Which is weird, because I am in ketosis, I'm not getting a lot of cravings or horrible hunger. I'm losing weight, I feel really good, great mental clarity and a lot of inflammation has left. Yet I'm thinking of cheating- WTF??! Yes, holidays will be a struggle and hope you're able to limit your cheats so you don't reverse all the positive you achieved from changing your WOE.
    One of our camping friends has problems when he cheats but he has a sensitive stomach to begin with HHH hasn't bothered foamy or I but I usually keep my cheats to one item meaning don't go crazy. I do get drunk easier but not worse hangovers so I guess everyone is different!

Quote Originally Posted by Suze1000 View Post
    F’n scales say I have gained 4 lbs. I hate them bitches! I guess I will need to pay attention to this thread.
    I will drink a beer and think about why I am gaining weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

I think the people that get really sick from cheating go way overboard. Like half a cake and 5 frozen margaritas. To hit your body with that much sugar has to be a shock if you have been off
    It for awhile.

I will say that Frank has been cheating this week, and as an observer I can see he is much more sluggish and dozey. Other than that, he feels fine. Look at him now after 2 ginger ales and a tortilla!

Yeah, he is a wild man.

Last edited by chrissyDee; 11-14-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Last night we had dinner at Canaletto, the Italian restaurant onboard. You would have thought I won a handpay I was so excited when I saw that they had zucchini spaghetti!! We had a great dinner and behaved fairly well.

Eggplant stuffed with ricotta & charcuterie

The zoodles were mixed with carrot noodles but beat the hell
    Out of pasta! Delicious bolognese sauce. The presentation was much nicer before I dove in and started stuffing my face HHH

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post
    I think the people that get really sick from cheating go way overboard. Like half a cake and 5 frozen margaritas. To hit your body with that much sugar has to be a shock if you have been off
    It for awhile.

I will say that Frank has been cheating this week, and as an observer I can see he is much more sluggish and dozey. Other than that, he feels fine. Look at him now after 2 ginger ales and a tortilla!

Yeah, he is a wild man.

Hehehe...you keeping Frank up all night Chris, you wild woman!! I bet you are right about the overload of sugar. I think I'm just being a whiny pouting baby who is missing my desserts especially my sugary girly cocktails (lot's of them). I didn't eat those Polly's pancakes- but I was very jealous that my husband did in front of me. I'm trying to embrace this WOE but it's a little tough...total change. Your meal on the ship looks really good!!