User Tag List

Page 11 of 164 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPenguin View Post
    Here’s our low carb dinner tonight: chicken scallopini and a green salad.

Also, for snacking we keep oven-roasted almonds on hand. I cook about 3 cups of raw almonds at a time. Cover a lg cookie sheet with aluminum foil then spray it with Pam. I coat the almond with 1 egg white mixed with 1/2 Tbl water and 1 tsp salt. Bake @ 325 for 30 min, stirring after 10 and 20 min.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That looks really good! And the almonds sound delicious. I just wish I could eat nuts as they are the perfect snack.

We had leftover spaghetti squash with bolognese sauce tonight. It sure is filling!

@Nhcris, I bought a spiralizer from William & Sonoma last year. It is pretty easy to use and is worth the money spent if you use it often.

I replace pasta with zucchini whenever I go back to eating well and my family eats a lot of pasta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

Love this thread! I started on the low carb venture the first part of October after a disaster Doctor's visit. My A1C was the worst it had ever been. That jolted me into really watching my carbs to control my blood sugar. It has got to be a lifestyle change and not a diet.
    So far I've been doing well even though I have had some not so good days due to traveling. I've lost 12 pounds.
    I'm going to look up the Keto as I have never heard of it and see how it is. Thanks to everyone sharing.
    WalMart has a really good frozen mashed cauliflower dish for only a couple of bucks compared to other grocery stores around here. It is made by Hanover.

Blog Entries
    Out of the mouth of babes - my 3 year old grandson said to me as I was sitting down cleaning up toys, "Grandma, your belly is full" YIKES!

I had the most beautiful dream last night. I was in the most splendid garden, and I was dancing, spinning, moving with grace and skipping joyfully. It was not a flower garden though. Oh no, not my garden. It was a garden of bread! Every kind of bread of imaginable. Raisin bread, white bread, cheese bread, French baguettes....you name it, it was there swaying gently in the breeze. And I could smell it all, like being in the most magnificent bakery ever. Simply heavenly! I woke up to Toto, er I mean Lola, licking my face telling me it was to start another low carb day.

Some days this is hard!

edit: Thelma says it was a FLOUR GARDEN

Okay, you all are getting me hooked. I'm so fat now that I can't even bend over to put my shoes on. 270 and only 5' 9". Time to do no carbs again.

I did it once so I guess I can do it again. In 2009 I lost 100 Lbs in ten months. I lost weight so fast that friends and neighbors were asking Sharon if I had cancer.

Here is what I ate every single day for 300 straight days and NEVER exercised and NEVER went hungry. I don't recommend this diet for anybody, but it worked for me.

Breakfast: four hard boiled eggs

Lunch: two 4 ounce hamburger patties and one FULL can of spinach

Dinner: one 16 ounce ribeye steak and a quarter pound of roasted broccoli

Bed time snack: Two large stalks of celery stuffed with either cream cheese or Velveta cheese.

Now the bad news, After the diet and after losing all that weight, I thought my stomach had shrunk enough that I could eat like a normal person again. DID NOT happen! Gained it ALL back in the next 14 months.

I realize now,( in my case ) that low carb is not just a diet, it's a new lifestyle that has to continue the rest of my life...with maybe a "cheat" day now and then for special occasions.
    Last edited by goldengreeke; 11-30-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Dude You had me till ya brought up the celery ...i still have the visual of that fb pic in my brain .

Just adding that once in a while I would switch breakfast and lunch around because it's easier to pack hard boiled eggs for work instead of packing the hamburger patties and spinach and having no access to a microwave on certain days.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie50 View Post
    Dude You had me till ya brought up the celery ...i still have the visual of that fb pic in my brain .
    LMAO. I should post that picture here for those that haven't read my face book page.
    Gene Kanellis shared Pictures In History's post.

· 18 hrs · checkmarkcaution-solid

Last edited by goldengreeke; 11-30-2017 at 05:04 PM.

LMAO I could not eat the same thing every day.