User Tag List

Page 113 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by nhmajik View Post
    I just broke my fast with this drink. OMG was so good, a girly delicious alcohol treat for sure!!! I found a recipe online and just adapted to my liking. 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, about 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. vanilla. 1 good tsp. swerve or other sweetener, 5 ice cubes...blend well then add vodka and mix for a second. drizzle chocolate in cup and nutmeg on top when poured. Enjoy. Ohhh the possibilities- banana extract with the chocolate. I'm starting to really LOVE Keto!! I've lost 20lbs but I'm sure I could of lost more if I didn't love stuff like this. Attachment 8289
    That looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nhmajik View Post
    Those mug cakes look so good. And I love that they are portion sized.
    Thanks! Me too!

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Trying to get serious again, after too much travel. So here’s tonight’s dinner.

It must be winter because it’s casserole time again. This one is Chicken Alfredo. Frank gave it high marks, so I’ll make it again

https://mymontanakitchen.com/alfredo-chicken-casserole/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrissyDee; 12-31-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post
    Trying to get serious again, after too much travel. So here’s tonight’s dinner.

It must be winter because it’s casserole time again. This one is Chicken Alfredo. Frank gave it high marks, so I’ll make it again

https://mymontanakitchen.com/alfredo-chicken-casserole/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Looks delicious, thanks for the recipe, I've saved it to my list!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I love all these recipes, unfortunately Bill won't eat cauliflower. But the good news is that the above recipe says broccoli substituted for the cauliflower works just as well. It looks delicious and I've saved the recipe to try. Thanks @chrissyDee
    Dawn

I am starting to seriously look into this. Does anyone have a good website to determine your daily carb limit?

I found thia recipe which looks great if you like Reuben’s.

http://dlsh.it/s4JLpF9

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    I am starting to seriously look into this. Does anyone have a good website to determine your daily carb limit?

I found thia recipe which looks great if you like Reuben’s.

http://dlsh.it/s4JLpF9

There is a ton of information on the internet. I would just limit my carbs to 20-30 grams a day to start. I track my food on an app on my phone called Lose-it. It has a My Day tab that keeps track of calories and nutrients by fat, carbs and protein grams. Also tracks activity. You need 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs in your daily food intake. It's not the most accurate but it's free and can get you close. Think there are other apps that do this too.
    Make sure you keep your electrolytes up because some people get headaches when first withdrawing from carbs.
    If you have Pinterest there are charts there that list the carbs in foods and which are keto friendly. I get recipes there too. Also tons of YouTube channels with great advice and recipes. Also pages with great recipes on facebook. I can share some of my favorites if you are interested let me know I will send them to you. It's okay to have "cheat" meals/days once in a while just get right back on it.
    That is what has worked for me. If you have any questions you can post them here.
    We love reubens. Thanks for the recipe!

In an effort to get back to keto eating, here is dinner last night...NY strip steak and snap peas over riced cauliflower.

Lunch was cauliflower mash and smoked turkey. Dinner will be a black and blue steak salad.

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

I made these stuffed sausages tonight good and easy with a side of green beans

https://joyfilledeats.com/stuffed-sausage-recipe/

While you doing all that cooking, you might get thirsty. Here's something new to try:

JANUARY 2019: Bloody Maria

Tired of the traditional Bloody Mary? Try it with a twist! Instead of vodka, Bloody Maria is made with tequila and Mexican beer, and it’s the perfect pour for tailgating or watching the game.

Bloody Maria cocktail

INGREDIENTS
    4 oz. Bloody Mary mix
    1 oz. blanco tequila
    3 oz. Mexican beer
    1⁄2 oz. lime juice
    Bloody Mary rimmer
    Your favorite Bloody Mary garnishes (e.g., olives, pickled vegetables, jalapeños, etc.)
    Hot sauce (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Wet the rim of your glass with a lime wedge or water, then dip glass into rimmer. Fill glass with ice and pour in Bloody Mary mix, lime juice, tequila and Mexican beer. Add hot sauce to taste, if desired. Stir well, then garnish with your favorite Bloody Mary toppings.

There is new research out that tequila is the only alcohol that will not jack your blood sugar. The human body cannot break down the sugar from agave so it discards it. No, I'm not kidding.
    Should have noted that the tequila must be from 100% agave. The cheap stuff doesn't work the same.
    Last edited by E4208; 01-10-2019 at 01:41 AM.