User Tag List

Page 130 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I will report back when I find an excuse for a cocktail!
    That shouldn't take too long!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post
    Back home I tried to behave. I'll spare you all most of the repeats, as they get pretty boring. We seem to be in a bit of a rut lately.

Not too pretty, but this is my version of the avocado chicken salad that @Georgiagambler posted awhile back. It was delish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I made chicken avocado salad again this week too, I did tomatoes and cucumbers instead of the corn and used cilantro since I had no dill. I think this salad will definitely be a regular for me. Glad you enjoyed your version too

Well.... inspired by all of you I finally committed to a low carb, no sugar diet. I started two weeks ago on the day after I got back from Vegas. I知 thrilled to report I致e already lost 13 pounds!! I知 amazed. I知 eating about 60%/40% fats to protein and hardly any carbs. Elf Jr has been my keto coach. He痴 a pro at keto like many of you. I find that I知 not hungry much at all and can easily stay at around 1200 calories per day.

I知 a bit concerned about my upcoming Vegas trip. I知 reasonably certain I can find satisfying keto food at most meals. (I think I値l be able to resist those mini bar Pringles that I love.) My question - My MB host always sends me a delicious fruit platter that really enjoy. How bad is fruit on a keto diet? If I eat fruit for the 3 days I知 at MB will it really screw things up keto wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Well.... inspired by all of you I finally committed to a low carb, no sugar diet. I started two weeks ago on the day after I got back from Vegas. I知 thrilled to report I致e already lost 13 pounds!! I知 amazed. I知 eating about 60%/40% fats to protein and hardly any carbs. Elf Jr has been my keto coach. He痴 a pro at keto like many of you. I find that I知 not hungry much at all and can easily stay at around 1200 calories per day.

I知 a bit concerned about my upcoming Vegas trip. I知 reasonably certain I can find satisfying keto food at most meals. (I think I値l be able to resist those mini bar Pringles that I love.) My question - My MB host always sends me a delicious fruit platter that really enjoy. How bad is fruit on a keto diet? If I eat fruit for the 3 days I知 at MB will it really screw things up keto wise?
    Wow great work for sure it is really crazy to see how fast the scale drops in the first couple of weeks stay on it and you will be amazed at the losses

The fruit will be a little bit of a hinderance but don't go overboard and you will see temporary gains a little bit but as long as you get back on track once you go back home to the keto you should be okay.

Gotta live a little too

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Wow great work for sure it is really crazy to see how fast the scale drops in the first couple of weeks stay on it and you will be amazed at the losses

The fruit will be a little bit of a hinderance but don't go overboard and you will see temporary gains a little bit but as long as you get back on track once you go back home to the keto you should be okay.

Gotta live a little too
    Thanks. I値l enjoy the fruit but maybe only eat a small bit of it each day. Good idea.
    Last edited by Elf70; 04-10-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks. I値l enjoy the fruit but maybe only eat a small bit if it each day. Good idea.
    Berries are the best choice for keto in small quantities. I do miss my bananas

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great to see you take the plunge @Elf70! You have had a great start! I know how much you love your desserts, so giving those up is true commitment

The really hard part about Vegas (and any travel) for me is the places they sneak in sugars where they don't belong. But, I always just do the best I can with a few little splurges here and there. I think it helps to plan ahead, and you usually plan some of your meals ahead so that should be really helpful.

The one thing I will caution you about the fruit is that it has way more carbs than seems fair. Depending on what it is, it could throw you out of ketosis pretty quickly, and then the hungry horrors will show up. Once those take over, it is really hard to stay on track. But, it is also so damn healthy and good that it might be worth it to you. It's always a dilemma for me.

I bet you are feeling better since starting, too. That was one of the things that made this an easy choice to me. Getting rid of the toxins and inflammation makes a world of difference. On previous weight loss attempts, I always ended up hungry, cranky, weak and miserable, but on Keto I started to feel better in a very short time. That makes all the difference and is the main reason I keep plodding along.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Great to see you take the plunge @Elf70! You have had a great start! I know how much you love your desserts, so giving those up is true commitment

The really hard part about Vegas (and any travel) for me is the places they sneak in sugars where they don't belong. But, I always just do the best I can with a few little splurges here and there. I think it helps to plan ahead, and you usually plan some of your meals ahead so that should be really helpful.

The one thing I will caution you about the fruit is that it has way more carbs than seems fair. Depending on what it is, it could throw you out of ketosis pretty quickly, and then the hungry horrors will show up. Once those take over, it is really hard to stay on track. But, it is also so damn healthy and good that it might be worth it to you. It's always a dilemma for me.

I bet you are feeling better since starting, too. That was one of the things that made this an easy choice to me. Getting rid of the toxins and inflammation makes a world of difference. On previous weight loss attempts, I always ended up hungry, cranky, weak and miserable, but on Keto I started to feel better in a very short time. That makes all the difference and is the main reason I keep plodding along.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you!
    Thanks Cris for the encouragement. You池e right I feel much better. Add in the no smoking and I知 as healthy as shit! I知 amazed by my lack of hunger. I practically have to force myself to eat.

My concern going forward is that I知 not a cook. I知 already pretty sick of meat and veggies mostly because I keep cooking them the same way. Yesterday I bought many flavors of sugar free salad dressings and some salsas and am going to try mixing those in with veggies and meat trying to add some flavors. One day at a time.... I知 learning as I go.

I know you use zoodles. Is there a way to cook them that doesn稚 turn them into a soggy mess?

I know you use zoodles. Is there a way to cook them that doesn’t turn them into a soggy mess?
    First off, the frozen ones are shit. I just use fresh, and I usually just heat them up in a skillet or even in the microwave, and then put them in a colander and drain them. Then I squeeze them a bit and blot with a paper towel if they still seem too wet. Mainly, I just take the chill off them and pretend they are al dente pasta. Mine are always still a bit wet and leave a little puddle, but I eat them anyway. They taste good to me.

I am a shitty cook, but I am getting lots of practice. I am having trouble with my diverticulosis right now, so I have had to cut out all my fresh greens and most cheese. Doing this without salad has been a bitch, and I am a little worried about what to do in Vegas since salads have been my go to for lunches there. I may bring some avocados with me, so at least I can get some healthy fats. It's going to be a challenge!

It is a constant learning curve, and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. But you will find what works for you, and you will have your go to meals. But keep experimenting because you might be surprised how good some things are that you never thought you would like.

I made awesome chicken tenders last night. Threw some pork rinds in the food processor, and then mixed them with parmesan cheese and spices. Dipped the chicken in an egg wash and then the pork rind blend. I cooked them in the air fryer, and they were crispy and delicious. They would be good in the oven or saut馥d in a skillet. Wicked simple and they taste like regular food haha.

Nhchris

I didn稚 know you had diverticulitis.. I do to.. luckily I have not any major flares ups in a few years. I hope it gets better soon. Can you have hard boiled eggs? Order this and Avacado and make your own deviled eggs with mashed avacado.

Hopefully you find some items that will work..

Order burgers or chicken sandwiches with extra tomatoes and use the tomatoes as a bun..