User Tag List

Page 131 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Thanks Cris for the encouragement. You’re right I feel much better. Add in the no smoking and I’m as healthy as shit! I’m amazed by my lack of hunger. I practically have to force myself to eat.

My concern going forward is that I’m not a cook. I’m already pretty sick of meat and veggies mostly because I keep cooking them the same way. Yesterday I bought many flavors of sugar free salad dressings and some salsas and am going to try mixing those in with veggies and meat trying to add some flavors. One day at a time.... I’m learning as I go.

I know you use zoodles. Is there a way to cook them that doesn’t turn them into a soggy mess?
    Elf you are doing great and glad you are feel better! I think you should use full fat salad dressings just check the label for carb counts as some sneak in sugar. I prefer spaghetti squash over zoodles. Top it with parmesan cheese. Use butter in cooking to add some fats and salt for electrolytes needed on keto. Sounds like EJ is a great help. You are lucky to have him. I find a lot of recipes on YouTube and Pinterest.
    Agree while in Vegas you can cheat a little just do what Nhcris told me and ask yourself taste wise is it worth the cheat? See you soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Elf you are doing great and glad you are feel better! I think you should use full fat salad dressings just check the label for carb counts as some sneak in sugar. I prefer spaghetti squash over zoodles. Top it with parmesan cheese. Use butter in cooking to add some fats and salt for electrolytes needed on keto. Sounds like EJ is a great help. You are lucky to have him. I find a lot of recipes on YouTube and Pinterest.
    Agree while in Vegas you can cheat a little just do what Nhcris told me and ask yourself taste wise is it worth the cheat? See you soon!!
    Thanks! I’ll try the spaghetti squash for sure. I have not been able to make the zoodles worth eating at all but hadn’t thought of draining them like Cris suggested. Good tips! EJ has also told me to get full fat dressing but I haven’t found any that isn’t loaded with sugar. I’ll keep looking.

Vegas is near!!! Can’t wait to see everyone!

Elf, that is an amazing start to your Keto journey -- congratulations!

Thanks! I’ll try the spaghetti squash for sure. I have not been able to make the zoodles worth eating at all but hadn’t thought of draining them like Cris suggested. Good tips! EJ has also told me to get full fat dressing but I haven’t found any that isn’t loaded with sugar. I’ll keep looking.

I don’t really care for zoodles but like squash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Need some advice please. Working on Keto. But feeling fatigued and legs ache much of the time. Hands will cramp up at times especially when driving. I'm thinking I am low on salt and potassium and other electrolytes. I am not a vegetable eater. Do like salads so most dinners are meat and salad. Lunches are meat and a couple of celery sticks. Breakfast is scrambled eggs with peppers and onions and cheese along with bacon. Have cut out the sourdough and cookie at night. What do you use for increasing electrolytes? Thanks.

Congrats @Elf70 for a great start.

Darrell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Nhchris

I didn’t know you had diverticulitis.. I do to.. luckily I have not any major flares ups in a few years. I hope it gets better soon. Can you have hard boiled eggs? Order this and Avacado and make your own deviled eggs with mashed avacado.

Hopefully you find some items that will work..

Order burgers or chicken sandwiches with extra tomatoes and use the tomatoes as a bun..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Add me to the diverticulitis group. Have been having problems lately. And the IBS doesn't help. Found I really can't eat spicy food! It's my go to ingredient, jalapeno peppers, red pepper flakes, Asian chili sauce!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Curlyd; 04-11-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Need some advice please. Working on Keto. But feeling fatigued and legs ache much of the time. Hands will cramp up at times especially when driving. I'm thinking I am low on salt and potassium and other electrolytes. I am not a vegetable eater. Do like salads so most dinners are meat and salad. Lunches are meat and a couple of celery sticks. Breakfast is scrambled eggs with peppers and onions and cheese along with bacon. Have cut out the sourdough and cookie at night. What do you use for increasing electrolytes? Thanks.

Darrell
    Jimmy Bill used to get cramps bad and he started drinking pickle juice and said they went away the first day he drank it.

@Penguin, one thing that is high recommended is to use Himalayan Pink salt liberally. I have also heard that pickle juice helps. Personally, I can't do pickles, so I will drink Powerade Zero when I start feeling like that. Especially on a gambling trip when I know I will be drinking too much. It can be difficult to get in all your electrolytes, and some folks do take supplements.

But be careful. You might want to talk to your doctor about it as there can be many causes.

I like spaghetti squash with certain things, but it has a more distinct flavor than the almost flavorless Zoodles, so I don't really like it with tomato sauce. Also, it has about twice the net carbs of Zoodles, so I try to use it sparingly. But it is delicious as a side dish with parmesan, like Laurie mentioned.

You can split a good sized zucchini the long way and stuff it with a ground meat mixture and bake it, then top with cheese. Yum. You can do the same with spaghetti squash, but par cook the squash first.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post

Darrell
    I also like Powerade zero strawberry