User Tag List

Page 14 of 164 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Wow, that is an amazing price on the bacon. And if Foamy is doing the cooking, I will be there! I am loving the suggestions on this thread, as well as the support.

I'll be ordering those cauliflower pizza crusts. The fact that everybody says they TASTE like actual crusts is the major factor, and there is a chart on their website comparing them to other cauliflower crusts that sold me. We love pizza but usually have it only four times a year ("Quarterly Pizza"), so I look forward to having it more often without the guilt factor!

That avocado toast looks delicious, too. Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagambler View Post
    They are supposed to be talking about instant pot tomorrow on Good Morning America. Hopefully you can catch it or record it.
    I'll check it out, thanks for the heads up. These segments are generally posted on their website, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    OMG, what a ridiculous price! I have been paying between $5 and $6 a pound. You have made me cry

But I am happy you are doing Keto with us!
    Well I figured it would be easier for Laurie cooking the same stuff for both of us and I don't care about sweets and I love meat but will only miss bread and potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagambler View Post
    They are supposed to be talking about instant pot tomorrow on Good Morning America. Hopefully you can catch it or record it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just saw the teaser for it. Made me laugh as they made it sound like the Instant Pot is a magical weight loss secret But I will definitely watch & hopefully learn! Thanks, GG.

Please post about the Insta-Pot segment Chris. I have one but it seems to me like it's so much work to use it so I've only made bone broth and short ribs so far.

Here is the short rib recipe...it was delicious!

http://nomnompaleo.com/2017/03/27/20...ean-short-ribs

How much are the pizza crusts? Did you get them from Amazon or ??

I hope we can convince Kenny to give us a place to post recipes...it'd be nice to have them all in one place!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    Please post about the Insta-Pot segment Chris. I have one but it seems to me like it's so much work to use it so I've only made bone broth and short ribs so far.

Here is the short rib recipe...it was delicious!

http://nomnompaleo.com/2017/03/27/20...ean-short-ribs

How much are the pizza crusts? Did you get them from Amazon or ??

I hope we can convince Kenny to give us a place to post recipes...it'd be nice to have them all in one place!
    I am still scared of the pot, but I am going to get off my ass right now and go do the water test. Then I think I'll hard boil some eggs HHH. I hear they come out good, and peel easily. So, that seems like a good enough test for me today The short ribs sound yummy, but I don't have the ingredients and I don't even recognize some of them hehe. I set the DVR to record GMA tomorrow, as I am not sitting for 2 hours waiting for it.

The pizza crusts are from https://www.califlourfoods.com They are expensive, but they seem to run specials quite often. I got mine on special - 6 for $34.99 free shipping. I know that 's pretty pricey, but I figured we used to spend $20 or more when we ordered pizza delivery, and we don't do any of that anymore. That's my justification

If we get enough recipes and people involved, I'll start a new section and tell kenny later - Ssshhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post

If we get enough recipes and people involved, I'll start a new section and tell kenny later - Ssshhh!
    I like!

I was so afraid of it the first time I used it but once I used it a bit the fear went away...I think you'll be fine after doing the water test and eggs. I heard the same about the eggs but they are just easier to boil for 12 minutes...

Blog Entries
    I think the instapot sounds interesting. But for eggs..... last year I found the perfect recipe for hard boiled eggs, their actually steamed. I have been making them this way all year and they come out great. Sometimes I do it for 13 min. I never over cook them this way and after the cold water dunk they peel perfectly. This was the best cooking tip I found last year. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...gs-recipe.html
    Dawn

That short rib recipe looks great @Mary9915! And thanks for the link for hard boiled eggs @Curlyd! I haven't found a guaranteed way yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, once I figured out how to get the damn cover on (don't they know old eyes don't see so good?) the water test went fine. I boiled 4 eggs and they came out perfectly. Better yet, they were the EASIEST to peel ever and not so much as a nick in the whites. It took me less than one minute to peel all 4. They will go beautifully in tomorrow's lunch of spinach salad with hot bacon dressing!

I don't think I would use the IP for eggs unless I was already going to use it for something else. Thanks for the recipe for steaming the eggs Curlyd!