User Tag List

Page 18 of 164 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Looks great! I bought one of these spiralizers today. Do you use it on anything else besides zucchini?

I made broccoli cauliflower keto soup. Left out the sausage because I didn’t want to go to the store HHH

https://lowcarbyum.com/broccoli-caul...-soup-sausage/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Attachment 6033

Zoodles and meatballs! Healthy & delicious!

This is the recipe I based the meatballs on, although I improvised a bit. https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-car...italian-style/

I am much too lazy to make my own sauce, so I use Rao's. It is the lowest carb sauce that I have found, and tastes good enough to justify the cost (when I find it on sale).
    That looks really good, I need to get a spiralizer, I have been getting them already done a Trader Joe's, but I want to do my own so I can buy organic. Rao's is my absolute favorite bottled sauce, it is so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Looks great! I bought one of these spiralizers today. Do you use it on anything else besides zucchini?

SO far I have only used it for zucchini, but I have a couple butternut squash I need to use. Even though they are relatively high in carbs, I am thinking of spiralize them and using them with a chicken alfredo type thing. I mean, butternut squash ravioli are a thing, right? So I figure it might work I also have a daikon radish I plan to spiralize and use in soup. I have never even heard of daikon radish before, so I have no idea how that will be! Keto cooking is an adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Attachment 6033

Zoodles and meatballs! Healthy & delicious!

This is the recipe I based the meatballs on, although I improvised a bit. https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-car...italian-style/

I am much too lazy to make my own sauce, so I use Rao's. It is the lowest carb sauce that I have found, and tastes good enough to justify the cost (when I find it on sale).
    How do you make your spaghetti zoodles Chris? I've only done them a couple times and was disappointed with the outcome. It seems like they shrink down to nothing. Last time I salted and rinsed them then pan fried them a bit and wasn't that crazy about them...

Blog Entries
    Behaving this morning. Veggie scramble with no toast!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    How do you make your spaghetti zoodles Chris? I've only done them a couple times and was disappointed with the outcome. It seems like they shrink down to nothing. Last time I salted and rinsed them then pan fried them a bit and wasn't that crazy about them...
    My first time I boiled them and wasn't thrilled. So I read this website https://downshiftology.com/how-to-ma...pular-methods/ and then decided to use the saute method. I put a little olive oil in a wok style frying pan, and just tossed them until I liked the texture. I added salt about halfway through the cooking, as I didn't want them to release too much water while they cooked. We like them al dente, so they were still crispy when I took them off after maybe 3 minutes. It really depends how you like your pasta, I think.

My first attempt at roasted cauliflower and some Brussels Sprouts. The cauliflower is soooo good! (Dina’s recipe)

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    My first attempt at roasted cauliflower and some Brussels Sprouts. The cauliflower is soooo good! (Dina’s recipe)

That came out beautiful! Well done

Looks great @Elf70 I love all roasted veggies even if I ain't on a diet.

Nice and dark @Elf70 Well done!