User Tag List

Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Roasted vegetables are delicious and taste completely different than steamed, or prepared normally. Do you like cauliflower? I have found it to be the most versatile vegetable possible. Cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash are great comfort foods when paired with something rich and delicious. I even found a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust which I haven't tried yet.

I just google anything (say low carb creamed spinach recipe or low carb desserts) and it is amazing how many ideas you can find. I am actually having fun with it, and the particular version I am doing (Keto) encourages eating fat which certainly helps wth cravings.
    I love cauliflowers. I tried the cauliflower pizza crust. It was pretty good but a bit bitter tasting. I’m not a great cook so may have screwed up the recipe. The pizza I made was pretty good when freshly made but pretty bad as leftover. Maybe heating it in a toaster oven instead of microwave would have been better. It was very soggy reheated.

I made keto bread a few weeks ago. It was delish. It was better when very fresh and lasted for about 5 days. I found the recipe using google. If I can figure out how to post the link I will.

For pasta I have been using spaghetti squash or Zoodles. Zoodles are zucchini strips which you can often find already cut in the produce department, or do your own with a mandolin. I love pasta, rice & bread even more than sweets, but these substitute reasonably well.

Spaghetti squash (I didn't blot it enough so it was a little too wet) with meat sauce with onions and peppers & of course, lots of parmesan cheese! You can also make parmesan crisps but shredding some on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with cracked pepper & paprika and bake. Easy peasy.

Ketoconnect.net has the bread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Thanks! Rice and pastas are my weaknesses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We will have pasta once in a while and having wild rice tonight, but the serving size is a bit less than half of what we used to eat. Got to remember carbs really don't give you the feeling of being full. Oh one other thing we serve our plate in the kitchen and then go to the table. No bowls of second helpings allowed.

Elf, I would love the bread recipe you used. That is next on my agenda along with low carb cheesecake!

Thanks for the bread recipe. I will check it out!

And, FWIW, I am not a very good cook either but I am working on it!

Will be following this thread. Congrats Nhcris and to all you making positive changes!

I am not there yet to commit to reducing carbs but will look to this thread for inspiration and ideas. Having said that, years ago I did Atkins and it worked extremely well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    We will have pasta once in a while and having wild rice tonight, but the serving size is a bit less than half of what we used to eat. Got to remember carbs really don't give you the feeling of being full. Oh one other thing we serve our plate in the kitchen and then go to the table. No bowls of second helpings allowed.
    It is truly embarrassing how much pasta I can eat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Cauliflower crust pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Cauliflower crust pizza.

That looks fabulous! You made that? You are too a good cook!

For roasted cauliflower, I break it down into small pieces so they get brown and crispy. 400 degree oven, heat sheet pan while oven is preheating and I just put some salt and pepper and canola oil on the cauliflower and toss. I flip after 20 minutes and then cook it for another 30 flipping once. You can certainly cook it less though - I just like it dark.

For Brussels sprouts I love making chips with outer leaves and roasting the remaining sprout. Again just salt n pepper and a tiny bit of oil. 400 degree oven and I flip at 10 minutes and cook for 5 more for the chips. You can google in to find more interesting recipes with spices. The chips are addicting.

Roasted broccoli: http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/1...st_brocco.html

Slow roasted tomatoes: https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/s...sted-tomatoes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk