User Tag List

Page 28 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    I baked the crust on a piece of parchment on the rack. When I baked the pizza it was on the rack only (no parchment) and I used convection. This was the first time it was nice and crispy...otherwise it kept getting soggy. I'd be interested to see how it turns out on the stone...
    I have a dual/fuel with convection oven. If I don't like the way it comes out on the stone I will get a rack and use the convection oven. But first I need to get the ingredients! Thanks
    Dawn

Tried riced califlower tonight with the traditional New Years black eyed peas and ham. It wasn't horrible.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I cooked a pot of cabbage soup today and grilled chicken for my salads. I ate what I wanted through the holidays but starting tomorrow I am back to eating clean, I am at my heaviest besides being pregnant and I feel like shit!

It will take about 3 weeks for my carb craving to be gone and I will be miserable detoxing off of sugar but I know I will feel much better afterwards. Not sure any of you will want many of my recipes when I clean eat, they are kind of boring since you are all still eating cheese and processed meats.

I am going to look into making that cauliflower pizza crust, if any of you make it please post that recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

Shredded and sautéed radishes and a little chopped onion in butter. Supposed to be similar to potatoes not sure about that but really good. Changes them to a mild flavor

Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post
    I cooked a pot of cabbage soup today and grilled chicken for my salads. I ate what I wanted through the holidays but starting tomorrow I am back to eating clean, I am at my heaviest besides being pregnant and I feel like shit!

It will take about 3 weeks for my carb craving to be gone and I will be miserable detoxing off of sugar but I know I will feel much better afterwards. Not sure any of you will want many of my recipes when I clean eat, they are kind of boring since you are all still eating cheese and processed meats.

I am going to look into making that cauliflower pizza crust, if any of you make it please post that recipe.

Yay, I hope you will share your recipes with us. I am open to most anything, and would love to know more about eating clean.

I hope the next 3 weeks go easier than you expect, and you know you will feel so much better after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    Tried riced califlower tonight with the traditional New Years black eyed peas and ham. It wasn't horrible.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    HAHA, IT WASN'T HORRIBLE Try it mashed with cheese & bacon. It is not horrible at all!

Blog Entries

I would like your take on escarole soup, as I had to pick all mine due to a deep freeze here this week! Don't need whole recipe, just the jest and I can make it work. I have done it with beans before and good. Just did some Utica greens with seared scallops, have a little left for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Yay, I hope you will share your recipes with us. I am open to most anything, and would love to know more about eating clean.

I hope the next 3 weeks go easier than you expect, and you know you will feel so much better after that!
    @Nhcris, I will definitely post and share pictures when I have some good recipes. As far as clean eating, it's simple enough but not easy at first, just try to not to eat processed foods. You can read a lot about clean eating online. I just need to make it a lifestyle and not something I only do when I want to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by michelelovesvegas View Post
    I would like your take on escarole soup, as I had to pick all mine due to a deep freeze here this week! Don't need whole recipe, just the jest and I can make it work. I have done it with beans before and good. Just did some Utica greens with seared scallops, have a little left for tomorrow.
    Michelle, I had just made cabbage soup not escarole but I can give you a recipe for Italian escarole soup which does not have beans in it, let me know if you want that one.

Although I often make escarole and beans, I just sauté garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil, season to your liking with salt, pepper, I also add crushed red pepper flakes. Add your beans (I use cannellini beans, I buy organic canned and add the beans from the can with the juice), add your escarole and then add as much water as you want your consistency to be. I like mine more like a stew so I don't add too much water, if you want more like a soup, add more water.

FYI, I don't add salt when I cook but I told you to use it because most people do. I just make everyone add their own salt if they want to use it. You can always add but you can't take it away.

I would love to see your recipes, I am eating clean as well! Boring is a necessity for me with my schedule, meaning I meal prep on Sunday night and eat the same thing for lunch all week. Usually southwest seasoned ground turkey and veggies wrapped in romaine.