User Tag List

Page 3 of 164 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

I also find that chickpea pasta (Banza is the brand) is a good substitute for regular pasta especially with sauce on it. Not low carb but better carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    For roasted cauliflower, I break it down into small pieces so they get brown and crispy. 400 degree oven, heat sheet pan while oven is preheating and I just put some salt and pepper and canola oil on the cauliflower and toss. I flip after 20 minutes and then cook it for another 30 flipping once. You can certainly cook it less though - I just like it dark.

For Brussels sprouts I love making chips with outer leaves and roasting the remaining sprout. Again just salt n pepper and a tiny bit of oil. 400 degree oven and I flip at 10 minutes and cook for 5 more for the chips. You can google in to find more interesting recipes with spices. The chips are addicting.

Roasted broccoli: http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/1...st_brocco.html

Slow roasted tomatoes: https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/s...sted-tomatoes/

Thanks! I’m going to try all of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    That looks fabulous! You made that? You are too a good cook!
    Ha! I️ think it took me longer to figure out how to put my food processor together than it did to make the actual recipe. I️ do remember having to “dry” the cauliflower. I️ spent a great deal of time googling definitions of various cooking terms. But I️ agree - it really looked like I️ knew what I was doing.

Some good go to things we like to make were tacos instead of using tortillas used Romain lettuce leafs
    Same with making chicken lettuce wraps. really tasty and low calorie

Another good one was Philly cheese steak peppers

Use a green pepper core it out and mix in some mushrooms and onions along with some roast beef lunch meat and provolone.

Cut out all sugary drinks will make a big difference in one week alone.

Will try to help anyone with answers. Everyone can diet differently.
    Last edited by dvandentop; 11-20-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Also you guys are real troopers trying to do this through the holidays but if you can hang on through all the holiday gtg the rest of the time dieting will be a cake walk.

For lunch usually had a 2 cups equivalent to vegetables and a protein shake

For supper had 2 cups equivalent vegetables and 4-5 oz lean proteins meat.

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Some good go to things we like to make were tacos instead of using tortillas used Romain lettuce leafs
    Same with making lettuce wraps.

Another good one was Philly cheese steak peppers

Use a green pepper core it out and mix in some mushrooms and onions along with some roast beef lunch meat and provolone.

Cut out all sugary drinks will make a big difference in one week alone.

Will try to help anyone with answers. Everyone can diet differently.
    I am so addicted to Romaine lettuce leaf "tacos" it's not funny. The only downside for me is that I eat them with lunch meat, which I know is a bad thing, but I literally ate them every day for lunch for probably 2-3 years. I used to put maybe 3/4 tsp of Kraft horseradish sandwich spread on (I guess they took it off the market now), then sliced tomatoes, slivers of red onion, spicy sliced white meat chicken, and one slice of provolone or swiss. Romaine lettuce is filling and the wraps are really satisfying. Cutting out breads for me was key. I try to go easy on other meals, but I do like pasta and rice. I find when we go to restaurants, if I order some sort of sandwich on a bun, I always leave about half the bun behind. It's just too much bread and makes me feel bloated. Also, since I won't be able to sleep if I eat a heavy meal later in the evening, that has helped steer me toward eating lighter as the day goes on.

Yay Chris, I'm so excited for the positive changes you are making and happy Frank is supporting you and joining in! I myself gave up most processed sugar about 4 months ago and try my best to eat low carb. I'm also meal planning and prepping my lunches and eating a light breakfast everyday, which I never did before. I've lost 25 pounds! Stuck in a rut right now, haven't seen that scale move in about 2 weeks, so I'm thinking about adding fasting a couple of days a week (500 calorie fasts) and try to get 10 more pounds off.

Love this thread, we can all use motivation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yay Chris, I'm so excited for the positive changes you are making and happy Frank is supporting you and joining in! I myself gave up most processed sugar about 4 months ago and try my best to eat low carb. I'm also meal planning and prepping my lunches and eating a light breakfast everyday, which I never did before. I've lost 25 pounds! Stuck in a rut right now, haven't seen that scale move in about 2 weeks, so I'm thinking about adding fasting a couple of days a week (500 calorie fasts) and try to get 10 more pounds off.

Awesome work and that is common usually week 3 is a rut week and stay with it and the losses will continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post

Gina, that is wonderful! Congratulations to you. I never eat breakfast because I don't have an appetite in the mornings. I know the body needs it to get the metabolism going. It seems I do not have one, but realize it is my own fault.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have been doing the keto low carb diet for 3 weeks. No sweets or starches. I have found myself less hungry and less cravings. There are a lot of people that have YouTube channels about this and tons of recipes on Pinterest.
    I am using an app on my phone called lose it that is free to track everything I eat. Keeps track of calories, carbs and fats. So far it is working down 9 pounds would be more but when we were in kc for 4 nights I had some things I shouldn’t have and gained some back
    Thanks Chris for starting this to keep me motivated. I haven’t tried a lot of new recipes yet mainly because I haven’t had time. I made a low carb broccoli cheese soup that was good. I like the frozen cauliflower rice.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures and recipes guys!