User Tag List

Page 4 of 164 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Cauliflower crust pizza.

That looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that making the Cauliflower pizza crust is a pain in the ass and time consuming so I order pre-maid crust from https://www.califlourfoods.com. They are incredible and they have different recipes for the crust on their website and Facebook page. I highly recommend checking it out!

Blog Entries
    This is a good thread. May motivate me to finally start some yoga. Getting too stiff and keeping up with grandbabies is a must around here, and the garden. The cool winter vegetables are finally starting to come in so I will be knee deep in good stuff. The only pitfall is the winter crop of potatoes. They are just too good to pass up. Another pitfall of mine is crispy chicken or turkey skin... We will be frying a turkey for Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by michelelovesvegas View Post
    This is a good thread. May motivate me to finally start some yoga. Getting too stiff and keeping up with grandbabies is a must around here, and the garden. The cool winter vegetables are finally starting to come in so I will be knee deep in good stuff. The only pitfall is the winter crop of potatoes. They are just too good to pass up. Another pitfall of mine is crispy chicken or turkey skin... We will be frying a turkey for Thanksgiving.
    Brine it now till thursday and you wont believe how juicy it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Laceyb682 View Post
    I find that making the Cauliflower pizza crust is a pain in the ass and time consuming so I order pre-maid crust from https://www.califlourfoods.com. They are incredible and they have different recipes for the crust on their website and Facebook page. I highly recommend checking it out!
    Thanks Lacey! I took a look and I will definitely give them a try after the holidays. They are pricey, although not compared to ordering a decent pizza out somewhere. I am just spending too much money trying to replace many of the basics in my kitchen with low carb stuff. It's a process!

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Some good go to things we like to make were tacos instead of using tortillas used Romain lettuce leafs
    Same with making chicken lettuce wraps. really tasty and low calorie

Another good one was Philly cheese steak peppers

Use a green pepper core it out and mix in some mushrooms and onions along with some roast beef lunch meat and provolone.

Cut out all sugary drinks will make a big difference in one week alone.

Will try to help anyone with answers. Everyone can diet differently.
    Great advice Derek. I am so happy you will be chiming in as your success is a model for us all!

Cutting my soda was the first thing I did, and probably the hardest.

I have been buying beautiful organic romaine & it is so crispy and delicious that it is actually a treat. It's great with almost any Mexican food in place of tortillas, or even cheesy sloppy Joe type stuff. I am going to try enchiladas using a thinly sliced zucchini wrapper with leftover turkey after the holiday.

Your Philly cheese steak pepper sounds divine!

Veggies are you friend in all forms be sure to get enough protein as well in form of a protein shake or something through the day as well

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I have been doing the keto low carb diet for 3 weeks. No sweets or starches. I have found myself less hungry and less cravings. There are a lot of people that have YouTube channels about this and tons of recipes on Pinterest.
    I am using an app on my phone called lose it that is free to track everything I eat. Keeps track of calories, carbs and fats. So far it is working down 9 pounds would be more but when we were in kc for 4 nights I had some things I shouldn’t have and gained some back
    Thanks Chris for starting this to keep me motivated. I haven’t tried a lot of new recipes yet mainly because I haven’t had time. I made a low carb broccoli cheese soup that was good. I like the frozen cauliflower rice.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures and recipes guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Way to go Laurie! You are off to a great start. I just downloaded Lose It and I think I like it. I can't figure out how to get it to show net carbs, yet, but I am sure that it can once I figure to out.

I think for most of us here, the fact that we spend many nights away from home will make it more challenging. Maybe we can discover some nice low(er) carb options at some of the places we frequent and share them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Way to go Laurie! You are off to a great start. I just downloaded Lose It and I think I like it. I can't figure out how to get it to show net carbs, yet, but I am sure that it can once I figure to out.

I think for most of us here, the fact that we spend many nights away from home will make it more challenging. Maybe we can discover some nice low(er) carb options at some of the places we frequent and share them here.
    On the bottom of the app click on My Day then up above click on nutrients and it shows the grams and percentages of Fats, Carbs and Proteins

Well, I can tell from recent photos posted here and there that people are slimming down, so I am very happy to see this thread with hints and links and motivation. I looked into Keto, got a bunch of books out of the library, etc., but realized it would not be something I could handle without feeling deprived. That said, lower carb definitely works for me. I'm about 45 lbs. down from my high and have been in a range for a while, which I guess means I'm okay at maintaining, but I sure could use a nudge to lose the rest of the weight!

Cauliflower cooked in chicken stock and then smashed with Laughing Cow Light is very comforting, and also, for those who live close to Trader Joes, they have cauliflower pizza crusts.