User Tag List

Page 58 of 164 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Keto tonight.hhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yummm! I can't wait to get my kitchen back as I love my wok!
    Dawn

I saved all the shrimp and scallops for Laurie and now I'm stranded my alternator went out nice guys finish last.hhh Laurie is on the way to rescue me though

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

I sprinkled the “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning from Trader Joe’s on my almond buns before I baked them. They are fantastic!
    If you haven’t tried this stuff you should get some!

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post
    I sprinkled the “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning from Trader Joe’s on my almond buns before I baked them. They are fantastic!
    If you haven’t tried this stuff you should get some!

Those look divine!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndyga View Post
    Those look divine!
    Thanks! They are soooo easy!

fullsizeoutput_4b65.jpg

Made another yummy and simple casserole tonight. 2 large chicken breasts chopped up & mixed with 8 oz cream cheese, a small can of diced chiles, roasted garlic, cumin, salt & pepper then covered with monterey jack cheese. It was really filling and didn't even really need the side of herbed cauliflower rice.

Blog Entries
    Doing a chicken crust pizza again to use up the ingredients from the last one.

Since I haven't been doing much cooking lately, I thought I would share some of the food choices I made in AC this weekend. They were not all perfect, and not having control over the ingredients is frustrating, but I did the best I could and didn't gain anything - YAY!

First night we grabbed dinner at the AC burger place in Harrahs. This is a Turkey BLTA
    with no bread. The turkey was moist and delicious, there was plenty of bacon, and who doesn't love guacamole?

We also ordered pork belly cracklings. They were disgusting cubes of fat - YUCK!

fullsizeoutput_4b97.jpg

We had breakfast at the Coastal Kitchen in Harrahs every morning. Service was pretty slow except the first day, but the food was very good. This was my bacon, swiss & tomato omelet with a side of avocado and no taters or bread. It was way too big to finish and delicious!

fullsizeoutput_4b99.jpg

Second day I got bacon with poached eggs and a side of hollandaise that I put on the eggs. Delicious! They forgot to hold the taters, so I kept some of the onions for a little treat
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a question. You guys on this keto diet are looking like you're shedding quite a few pounds. My problem is that I'm not really a meat eater and what's worse is, I'm not a fish eater, so if I just focus on veggies, salads, eggs, that type of thing, is that going to work? Now Bob is a meat eater, but he craves carbs big time. I think I can confine him to meats but what about snacks. What do you guys use for snacks that are filling? Is popcorn okay or is that a no-no? I'm so impressed with the things you're all cooking and it's obviously working for you.

Having trouble with pictures so had to switch to Tapatalk. So to continue, dinner was at Veracruz and I think everyone loved it. I don’t have pictures of the guacamole or the queso with veggies that we shared but they were awesome.

Laurie and I shared the beef and shrimp fajita combo. Yummy even without the tortillas.

I was really jealous of all the gorgeous margaritas at the table, so I chose the Keto friendly Patron Tequila flight. A couple folks might have joined me in a glass of Reposado as well ��

Next night was the unbelievable spread at the wedding. I never saw so many keto friendly hors d’ouvres. Antipasto, scallops in bacon, shrimp scampi, chicken kabobs, and more, not to mention lots of other amazing food I had to skip but people were loving it all! I was having way too Much fun and totally forgot pictures until the entree.

Filet mignon and a bundle
    Of asparagus and carrots. It was really really good! Ken enjoyed my
    Potato

The last day we finally made it to the Diamond Lounge at Harrah’s. It was much nicer than any of the ones in Vegas that I have been to, though I understand Bally’s and Caesar’s are both nicer.

I made up a way too big plate with slice roast turkey, some shrimp, Maria Nate’s mushrooms, tomatoes with mozzarella and chicken salad which is one of my favorite foods. The shrimp was a little slimy, so I didn’t eat that which was good since cocktail
    Sauce is naughty. I’m so glad we ate since my flight was delayed (Shocker!!!) and I didn’t get home til Midnight. I wasn’t even hungry

So that’s my food story for the weekend