User Tag List

Page 60 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Laurie and Chris, when I saw how great you looked this past weekend, you really inspired me! So, I have been trying to do the Keto thing and actually like a lot of the food. My downfall, however, is potatoes, any way, shape or form! Since I came back on Sunday, I have been trying to do Keto friendly meals. I have done the Cauliflower mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon, eggs and bacon for breakfast, and have even made avocado deviled eggs, which I really like. I probably eat one avocado a day in some shape or form. Also, I did buy some a kale salad mixture at Costco and having been eating that with cottage cheese, tomatoes, avocado, mini cucumbers and sunflower seeds. Makes a great salad! This is a far cry from my potatoes and icecream, but I fgure that I will try it for a while and see if anything good happens! Also, had a pork chop the other night, and cut up the leftover to put in my salad. Love veggies and salads, so that is not a problem! One question.......if I want an alcoholic drink, what are some of the best Keto friendly drinks, or are there none? I need to watch sugar too......

Being that I was a former bodybuilder, I know how dieting can be frustrating.. What used to work for me back in the day was 6 small meals a day.. First meal of the day was a little protein but a lot of carbs. The rest of my meals throughout the day was all protein. I’d do this 5 days out of the week on top of 45 minutes cardio in the morning and weight training at night.. On the weekends, no working out and Saturday/Sunday would be my carb up day with little protein.. Like I said, back in the day it worked when I was 26, now that I’m 43, different story.. I think the best therapy is cutting back, no soda, moving around not just sitting all the time and having a positive attitude.. I used to be 248lbs now I only weigh 207lbs..

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Being that I was a former bodybuilder, I know how dieting can be frustrating.. What used to work for me back in the day was 6 small meals a day.. First meal of the day was a little protein but a lot of carbs. The rest of my meals throughout the day was all protein. I’d do this 5 days out of the week on top of 45 minutes cardio in the morning and weight training at night.. On the weekends, no working out and Saturday/Sunday would be my carb up day with little protein.. Like I said, back in the day it worked when I was 26, now that I’m 43, different story.. I think the best therapy is cutting back, no soda, moving around not just sitting all the time and having a positive attitude.. I used to be 248lbs now I only weigh 207lbs..
    Well, sounds like you are doing something right!

I gained 3 pounds last week end but didn't eat yesterday and lost it back it sucks being a fat fuck. hhh

Quote Originally Posted by irisheyes View Post
    Laurie and Chris, when I saw how great you looked this past weekend, you really inspired me! So, I have been trying to do the Keto thing and actually like a lot of the food. My downfall, however, is potatoes, any way, shape or form! Since I came back on Sunday, I have been trying to do Keto friendly meals. I have done the Cauliflower mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon, eggs and bacon for breakfast, and have even made avocado deviled eggs, which I really like. I probably eat one avocado a day in some shape or form. Also, I did buy some a kale salad mixture at Costco and having been eating that with cottage cheese, tomatoes, avocado, mini cucumbers and sunflower seeds. Makes a great salad! This is a far cry from my potatoes and icecream, but I fgure that I will try it for a while and see if anything good happens! Also, had a pork chop the other night, and cut up the leftover to put in my salad. Love veggies and salads, so that is not a problem! One question.......if I want an alcoholic drink, what are some of the best Keto friendly drinks, or are there none? I need to watch sugar too......
    Thanks! Hard liquor with diet mixer. I like LaCroix it is a sparkling water and available in a lot of different flavors. Add Malibu coconut rum Good luck Margie!

Quote Originally Posted by irisheyes View Post
    Yay Margie! Excellent start. You can find great recipes by just putting in some ingredients, like say chicken & cabbage and add kept in google, and you will be amazed what you will come up with!

I drink bourbon or whiskey on the rocks. Hard liquor generally has no carbs, except for things like Captain and of course, all of cordials. I also love coffee with Jamesons. If you make your own whipped cream with heavy whipped cream and something like Swerve you can even top it with whipped cream

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    This just goes to show you that there are a myriad of ways to lose weight and get healthy! And the moving part is a huge help!

Oh, and don't forget to drink TONS of water!!

Made chicken cacciatore in the slow cooker on my Instant Pot. It came out excellent and I used chicken thighs so it was a bargain.

Served over zoodles and topped with Parmesan (because cheese).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post
    Made chicken cacciatore in the slow cooker on my Instant Pot. It came out excellent and I used chicken thighs so it was a bargain.

Served over zoodles and topped with Parmesan (because cheese).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris that looks yummy. And your presentation is wonderful! Looks like it could have been plated at any restaurant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zeus; 04-25-2018 at 10:27 PM.