User Tag List

Page 66 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
    Very much a lifestyle change than a diet change. Gotta keep up the exercising after losing the weight. So many times I’ve stopped after hitting my goal only to gain it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, very much so.. Walking with my 72 year old Dad this summer for 7 miles a day 4/5 times a week played a huge role in my weight loss.. And it was great for my mind and spirit to be outside in the sunshine, fresh air, and spending time with my dad.. It’s all in our minds if we want to make it work.. Good Luck!!

Blog Entries

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Yes, very much so.. Walking with my 72 year old Dad this summer for 7 miles a day 4/5 times a week played a huge role in my weight loss.. And it was great for my mind and spirit to be outside in the sunshine, fresh air, and spending time with my dad.. It’s all in our minds if we want to make it work.. Good Luck!!
    7 miles a day is great! And that’s terrific that you had that bonding time with your father. I just did 5.5 miles and my legs are like jello.

I’ve been walking every day for two weeks and I can already tell I’m happier. Damn endorphins. And you can’t discount how good a sunny day makes you feel!

I know I can’t do cardio right now because of my bad knees. But walking seems to be actually helping my knees feel better, so I’m hoping that soon I can start a more intense exercise regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    7 miles a day is great! And that’s terrific that you had that bonding time with your father. I just did 5.5 miles and my legs are like jello.

I’ve been walking every day for two weeks and I can already tell I’m happier. Damn endorphins. And you can’t discount how good a sunny day makes you feel!

I know I can’t do cardio right now because of my bad knees. But walking seems to be actually helping my knees feel better, so I’m hoping that soon I can start a more intense exercise regimen.

Yes, the endorphins do kick in.. Once you make it routine and part of your everyday life, you look forward to it.. I know I do and I’m looking forward to my father’s return from Florida so we can start our walks again.. Want to really be down another 10–15lbs.. Already lost 40+ in the last 4 years but kept it off also and have not changed my eating or drinking habits..

Scallops and asparagus for dinner!

20180430_172213.jpeg

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by serenasea View Post

20180430_172213.jpeg

The asparagus looks so yummy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forgot a photo but made myself seared tuna with tomato vinaigrette and roasted cauliflower.

Tomatoes are probably a no-no but I can't give them up if I'm giving up simple carbs

Also have asparagus to roast this week and veggies to cut up for a Greek salad.

Quote Originally Posted by serenasea View Post

20180430_172213.jpeg

Must have been an asparagus night. I made it too, and I see Laurie and foamy had it tonight. I didn't have any bacon but had real bacon pieces in the pantry so put mine in the oven with a toss of salt/pepper, EVOO, parmesan, and a tiny bit of shredded white sharp cheddar to keep the bacon in place. It was yummy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Asparagus recipe.. deli ham, spread thin layer of cream cheese wrap around the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.. the ham crisps up. The cheese melts and you can use it for an appetizer.. so yummy

Last nights dinner

Bourbon glazed steak tips and roasted broccoli

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post
    Last nights dinner

Bourbon glazed steak tips and roasted broccoli

Mmm, do you have a recipe for the glaze?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk