User Tag List

Page 67 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Mmm, do you have a recipe for the glaze?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Yes! Here is the whole recipe copied from beeflovingtexans.com

We used sirloin it was great but I will use better steak next time. When I went to put up the leftovers the plate was empty! My husband ate all of what was left while we cleaned the kitchen!

Ingredients

2-3 lb. Top Blade Roast, Flat Iron or Sirloin
    ¼ cup Worcerstershire sauce
    ¼ cup soy sauce
    2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
    ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. honey
    ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. bourbon
    Spray oil
    Salt to taste
    Preparation

Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. If using Top Blade Roast, make sure to cut away and discard the thick membrane that runs through the middle of the roast.
    Combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup honey, and ½ cup bourbon in a bowl or zip top bag. Add the steak tips and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
    Heat a heavy based or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Spray with a little oil.
    Drain the excess marinade from steak tips and discard.
    Place steak tips in the hot skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes until color develops.
    Mix remaining bourbon and honey in a small bowl, then pour over steak tips to glaze. Continue cooking until glaze has caramelized and darkened to a rich brown color. The tips should have enough salt from the soy sauce, but you can taste them at this stage and add more salt if needed.
    Remove from heat, allowing 2-3 minutes to cool, then serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post

We used sirloin it was great but I will use better steak next time. When I went to put up the leftovers the plate was empty! My husband ate all of what was left while we cleaned the kitchen!

Ingredients

¼ cup soy sauce
    2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
    ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. honey
    Spray oil
    Salt to taste
    Preparation

Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. If using Top Blade Roast, make sure to cut away and discard the thick membrane that runs through the middle of the roast.
    Combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup honey, and ½ cup bourbon in a bowl or zip top bag. Add the steak tips and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
    Heat a heavy based or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Spray with a little oil.
    Mix remaining bourbon and honey in a small bowl, then pour over steak tips to glaze. Continue cooking until glaze has caramelized and darkened to a rich brown color. The tips should have enough salt from the soy sauce, but you can taste them at this stage and add more salt if needed.

Thanks so much! Was wondering of you you bought the tips cut because they don't sell them here and wasn't sure if the folks in Texas or Midwest were able to buy them that way. Adding to my shopping list!

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Asparagus recipe.. deli ham, spread thin layer of cream cheese wrap around the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.. the ham crisps up. The cheese melts and you can use it for an appetizer.. so yummy

Need to try this!!

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Thanks so much! Was wondering of you you bought the tips cut because they don't sell them here and wasn't sure if the folks in Texas or Midwest were able to buy them that way. Adding to my shopping list!

We can buy beef tips already cut but they are usually chuck roast not steak. So we usually just cut our own unless it’s for stew. But sirloin is so hard to get really tender. I marinated 24 hours. I will definitely buy prime next time for this. Let us know how it turns out!

Blog Entries
    Kitchen sink salad

So much good food being posted here! Yum everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post

Ingredients

¼ cup soy sauce
    2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
    ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. honey
    Spray oil
    Salt to taste
    Preparation

I have to try this thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lunch time, a little vitamin D and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Almond flour pancakes. So easy and so good!

Leftover tuna, tomato vinaigrette and roasted cauliflower

My take on the recipe CeCe posted last night. Roasted asparagus with parm and prosciutto. Some for tonight and leftovers for tomorrow.

Also prepped Greek salad - tomatoes, cukes, peppers, onions, feta and olives. Olive oil and lemon juice and spices in a separate container.