User Tag List

Page 88 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Roast beef and homemade cheddar cauliflower mash with green onion and bacon. The mash is pretty damn good! Just wish I could get a thicker consistency. Roasted carrots with baby gold potatoes for Kevin. The carrots aren't great for keto are they?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Roast beef and homemade cheddar cauliflower mash with green onion and bacon. The mash is pretty damn good! Just wish I could get a thicker consistency. Roasted carrots with baby gold potatoes for Kevin. The carrots aren't great for keto are they?

No they’re not. That looks amazing Ida add more things for thicker consistency. Was it frozen or fresh cauliflower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was taco Tuesday at the lake. I tried a New Mexican cauliflower rice. Everyone liked it here’s the recipe not sure if you can see it without Pinterest?

https://pin.it/w4sa2i4tz4v3np

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    No they’re not. That looks amazing Ida add more things for thicker consistency. Was it frozen or fresh cauliflower?

It was fresh but I never even thought to use frozen. I don't own steam basket because we've never been big veggie eaters here but will get one now because I know boiling the cauli takes all the nutrients out. And didn't feel like digging for my food processor so just shoved it all in the blender, HHH. My kitchen was a mess! Your cauli rice looks good!

@tee2green, I wonder if roasting the cauliflower first would help - some of the water should be roasted out of it so the roasted veggies may be less soupy when pulverized?

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    @tee2green, I wonder if roasting the cauliflower first would help - some of the water should be roasted out of it so the roasted veggies may be less soupy when pulverized?

Good idea Dina. I was rushed to get it done since I was running errands after work but will try that next time. I did drain and blot the cauli really well because I've heard if you don't it can cause it to be soupy too.

This is what I drink every morning- bulletproof coffee. There are a lot of different recipes I use one tbsp mct oil and 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream in my coffee. I don’t have time to cook breakfast and this keeps me full till lunch and helps me get my fat grams for the day

This explains what mct oil is in case you aren’t familiar with it.
    Update I have lost 50 pounds doing keto

https://draxe.com/mct-oil/

Blog Entries
    Fantastic job!
    Dawn

Congratulations Laurie, well done!

Laurie that's great, congrats!