User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Place for Our Quest to Good Health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    Yay, it's here! This will be one forum that I will be following daily. Here is a link that got me started in low carb / keto eating.

It does have a subscription, but you can get a lot of information without paying for a subscription. You can also sign up for a weekly email newsletter which is free.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/
    It say's no beer. hhh I never drink at home but someone else does. hhh

I don’t cook much but, had to chime in on a wonderful restaurant I visited, True Food Kitchen.

This restaurant is owned by Dr Weil, and his food is based on his anti-inflammation diet. Not sure what that is but the food was delicious.

https://www.truefoodkitchen.com/

What made me post this was the Charred Cauliflower appetizer, which was wonderful! I’ve posted a copy cat recipe so you can see what’s in it and if inspired try to make it.

http://www.hermodernkitchen.com/roas...n-cauliflower/

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    I don’t cook much but, had to chime in on a wonderful restaurant I visited, True Food Kitchen.

This restaurant is owned by Dr Weil, and his food is based on his anti-inflammation diet. Not sure what that is but the food was delicious.

https://www.truefoodkitchen.com/

What made me post this was the Charred Cauliflower appetizer, which was wonderful! I’ve posted a copy cat recipe so you can see what’s in it and if inspired try to make it.

http://www.hermodernkitchen.com/roas...n-cauliflower/
    Thanks @clemi, I checked out the menu, and there is some yummy sounding healthy food on there for sure! We must visit it when i come out to the Bay area!

We have been to true food in Phoenix and another one In Scottsdale. Food was good just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Thanks @clemi, I checked out the menu, and there is some yummy sounding healthy food on there for sure! We must visit it when i come out to the Bay area!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylinda123 View Post
    We have been to true food in Phoenix and another one In Scottsdale. Food was good just different.
    Yes the food is definitely different. I was hesitant on this place. But that cauliflower appetizer deserves much love imo. I’ll go back just for that.

I need to start taking better care of my health and not just eating better. I need to schedule some doctors visits for a few things that have been bothering for awhile now. Getting older sucks and I am starting to feel it.

I have been feeling some pressure in my left chest area sporadically for a few months now. I have also always been the type to say I'm always cold but lately it's just ridiculous. I'm not 90 and don't weigh 100 pounds, I'm a truly always freezing when everyone around says it is comfortable.

So I think it is time I start to schedule some doctor's visits in this new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

@clemi what is "tahini"? I have been to Hawaii many times and thought that was some form of drink. Guess if I drank more I wouldn't have this confusion!

Ingredients

1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    ⅓ cup tahini
    2 cloves garlic, pressed and separated
    juice of half a lemon
    1-2 tablespoon harissa, depending on spice preference
    4 tablespoons vegetable broth, plus 2-3 tablespoons as needed
    ½ teaspoon salt
    3 dates, diced
    2 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped
    2 tablespoons dill
    ¼ cup toasted pistachios

Blog Entries
    Tahini is a sesame seed paste. Really good in dressings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post
    I need to start taking better care of my health and not just eating better. I need to schedule some doctors visits for a few things that have been bothering for awhile now. Getting older sucks and I am starting to feel it.

I have been feeling some pressure in my left chest area sporadically for a few months now. I have also always been the type to say I'm always cold but lately it's just ridiculous. I'm not 90 and don't weigh 100 pounds, I'm a truly always freezing when everyone around says it is comfortable.

So I think it is time I start to schedule some doctor's visits in this new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am in the same boat. Really need to get a check up. Haven't been to a doctor in 11 years! I know my blood pressure will read high just being in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by hytail View Post
    @clemi what is "tahini"? I have been to Hawaii many times and thought that was some form of drink. Guess if I drank more I wouldn't have this confusion!

Ingredients

1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    ⅓ cup tahini
    2 cloves garlic, pressed and separated
    juice of half a lemon
    1-2 tablespoon harissa, depending on spice preference
    4 tablespoons vegetable broth, plus 2-3 tablespoons as needed
    ½ teaspoon salt
    3 dates, diced
    2 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped
    2 tablespoons dill
    ¼ cup toasted pistachios
    Haha! Like Michele said, it’s made from sesame seeds.