User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Instant Pot

Instant Pot

So, I watched GMA this morning for the segment on the Instant Pot and it was a big bust, IMO. A young mother told how she lost 100 pounds cooking with the Instant Pot. A medical professional said that the IP is not magic - HHH but can help prepare healthy meals. Honestly, that's about all I got out of it.

But, I think I am going to enjoy mine. Now that I have gotten past the fear factor, I expect I will use it pretty regularly and it most definitely can help prepare healthy food. It can also sure as hell prepare rich fatty carbs if that's your pleasure

Tonight I cooked pork chops with mushrooms, and it really was faster although the time coming up to temp has to be considered. I loved browning the chops in the pot, and then sautéing the onions and mushrooms, and finally adding the liquid & the pork chops back in to be pressure cooked for about 10 minutes! It really is kind of amazing!

I know we have some IP Lovers, so give us some advice please @Gypsy, @Jen Jen anyone else with an IP

@Nhcris I just bought an 8 quart. Gina helped me a lot with my selection of it. There is a great Facebook site called Instant Pot for Beginners.

So far, I just love mine.

Good luck with your new adventure.

Brittany, who was featured on GMA has a blog, website and Facebook page with a lot of healthy low carb recipes, she's really nice, and answers everyone's questions. It's InstantLoss.com Healthy Recipes for Weightloss, I follow her on FB.

You can speed up the time it takes your Pot to pressure by leaving it on sauté, or putting it on sauté after you add your liquid. Let it come to a boil and then hit cancel and set your pressure time. Much quicker!!

I'm learning just like you about this new IP hype. So far I have made spaghetti, hard boiled eggs, and a pork loin with veggies. Everything was good, but I made the mistake of not breaking the spaghetti noodles in thirds and pouring the water over it. A few noodles got stuck together.

Blog Entries
    On Amazon there's several IP, which one do you get? Thinking Christmas gift
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

I like the Duo Plus 9 in 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I like the Duo Plus 9 in 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the one I got. I have the 6 quart and that definitely will be large enough for my needs. See all those freaking buttons? That's part of the reason i was intimidated! That and those years of my mother ensuring us that the cover would blow off her pressure cooker and decapitate us if we dared go in the kitchen when it was on #stillneedtherapy

Brittany, who was featured on GMA has a blog, website and Facebook page with a lot of healthy low carb recipes, she's really nice, and answers everyone's questions. It's InstantLoss.com Healthy Recipes for Weightloss, I follow her on FB.
    She seemed really nice and I would have loved to see her get to explain more on the segment, but they really didn't do her justice. I'll check out her site. Thanks!

You can speed up the time it takes your Pot to pressure by leaving it on sauté, or putting it on sauté after you add your liquid. Let it come to a boil and then hit cancel and set your pressure time. Much quicker!!
    That is a GREAT TIP! I get so impatient waiting it to come up to pressure...thanks!