User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Instant Pot

Blog Entries
    See my pressure cooker making a small pork roast with vege's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    See my pressure cooker making a small pork roast with vege's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That looks just like the one my Mom would terrify us with! Please get an Instant Pot so your Pressure Cooker doesn't murder you!

owls
    That's what my Mom said too, Chris! It'll blow your arm off.

Here's my pressure cooker and if it blows up we're in trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Here's my pressure cooker and if it blows up we're in troubl

That is quite the Apparatus....

Okay, I have to get a couple things off my chest. LOL First of all, am I the only one who was thinking this thread was about "instant weed?" Oy! NHMajik has been posting her cheesecakes made in the Instant Pot on FB, so now I get what we're talking about. We ARE talking about a cooking utensil, right??? ) Those cheesecakes look amazing, BTW. Next thing is, I have an old fashioned pressure cooker. It is only used to make turnips (well, actually, it's rutabagas, but my Mom always called them turnips). It still scares the bejeezus out of me when I use it, but I can't make turnips any other way and get them to come out the way Mom did. Uggghhhh .... My Mom apparently wasn't afraid of anything so used her pressure cooker all the time, but my MIL had a chicken soup incident with hers when she was first married and there was chicken soup all over the ceiling of her nice newlywed apartment, so she was afraid of hers. Finally, I started doing some chores today, went to clear out the hall closet when what do I see? A brand new Instant Pot!!!! It was kind of hidden behind and under some stuff so not sure if it is a Christmas gift or just a coincidence (son is building a tiny house and collecting appliances that will do multiple things). In any case, we should be trying this thing out in the near future.

Coming off 170

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Coming off 170

What is the Battery for?

Quote Originally Posted by sondor View Post
    What is the Battery for?
    I use a bilge pump for water so I don't just hook it to a hose and let it run fill a barrel and recycle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    That looks just like the one my Mom would terrify us with! Please get an Instant Pot so your Pressure Cooker doesn't murder you!
    I'm almost 65 and have used a pressure cooker since I was probably 13. This actually my 3rd pressure cooker. The secret is to not overload it and to make sure that the hole at the top (under the regulator) is not clogged. But I am considering an Instant Pot.
    Dawn