User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Instant Pot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    That's the one I got. I have the 6 quart and that definitely will be large enough for my needs. See all those freaking buttons? That's part of the reason i was intimidated! That and those years of my mother ensuring us that the cover would blow off her pressure cooker and decapitate us if we dared go in the kitchen when it was on #stillneedtherapy
    So funny about the pot blowing. My Mom never worried about that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Dawn

I bought the the new mini Instant Pot for my sister-in-law for her Christmas present "toy" hhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    I bought the the new mini Instant Pot for my sister-in-law for her Christmas present "toy" hhh!
    I didn't know they made a mini one. That sounds like a nice gift! Gonna check it out and see if it's simple enough for my Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    So funny about the pot blowing. My Mom never worried about that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I definitely got that admonition too @Nhcris. My parents and grandma used the pressure cooker often, usually to make cauliflower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instant Pot

Back home & back to cooking. Chicken soup with daikon noodles in the Instant Pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to make this tomorrow! We have lots of snow, and this will be just perfect after a cross country skiing adventure.
    http://heidistjohn.com/blog/recipes/...y-15-bean-soup
    Last edited by Suze1000; 12-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze1000 View Post
    I am going to make this tomorrow! We have lots of snow, and this will be just perfect after a cross country skiing adventure.
    https://www.apinchofhealthy.com/ham-...r-instant-pot/
    Yummm, that is one of the soup recipes I make and freeze - although mine is a 16 bean soup. Enjoy!
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    Yummm, that is one of the soup recipes I make and freeze - although mine is a 16 bean soup. Enjoy!
    @Curlyd Do you make it in the Instant Pot? Does the recipe look right to you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze1000 View Post
    @Curlyd Do you make it in the Instant Pot? Does the recipe look right to you?
    I do have an old fashion pressure cooker and a new fashion slow cooker. Sometimes I use the slow cooker (Cuisinart that browns and simmers too) to make some of my soups but I also just use my old fashion soup pot. The recipe is just about like mine and looks yummy. Sometimes I use vegetable stock instead of chicken and I try to skim off some of the grease on top at the end. But it looks delicious and I am sure it will taste good too! One not though, I am not sure 55 min would be enough in a slow cooker setting but maybe that is part of the Instant Pot process.

OK just re-read the recipe - the 55 min is for the insta-pot version - that should be OK, enjoy!
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    I love my pressure cooker and have used one all my life (Mom taught me). But the more I see of the Instant Pot I might just invest in one to give it a try. It requires less watching than my pressure cooker.

I like simple things. For instance 43 years ago my in-laws gave Bill and I a rice cooker for an anniversary gift. At that time they had to go to China Town here in Chicago to find one. I was terrible at cooking rice (cause we never ate it growing up). Anyway I have loved that thing all these years because I can load it and go and it always comes out perfect!

Of course I have been cutting way back on using it as I try to reduce my carbs so it is getting a little dusty. My point is I think I would like the Instant Pot for it's simplicity.
    Dawn