User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Instant Pot

I made egg bites for breakfast and potato cheese soup for lunch, I hope I don’t eat my way through my winter break!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I made egg bites for breakfast and potato cheese soup for lunch, I hope I don’t eat my way through my winter break!
    Gina, could I see your basic egg bites recipe, please? I got the silicone egg thingy, but I'm not sure of volume. I didn't make my weekly frittata, and Frank is missing it so egg bites it will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Gina, could I see your basic egg bites recipe, please? I got the silicone egg thingy, but I'm not sure of volume. I didn't make my weekly frittata, and Frank is missing it so egg bites it will be!
    i double the recipe and make 2 batches, but I only have one tray so I do one after the other.

Recipe (not doubled yet lol)

6 eggs, 1/4 c cottage cheese, 1/4 c shredded cheese, 1/8 c milk, 3 pieces of bacon chopped, small handful of spinach chopped and salt and pepper to taste

I start with a cup of water in the IP on saute so it boils. I put everything in a blender except for the bacon and spinach and blend. I do a quick wipe of butter in the silicone tray. Then a pinch of spinach and bacon in each tray. Blend your ingredients and then pour into the trays, I pour to the top and sprinkle a little Nature's Seasoning but you could just use a little pepper. Then I place the tray on the trivet and lower it into the pot. Cancel the saute and then hit the steam button for 7 minutes. I NPR for about 10 minutes. I'll go over to tapatalk and add a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Gypsy, Thank you, that will be perfect! They look yummy! I have no cottage cheese, but I will make it work

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    i double the recipe and make 2 batches, but I only have one tray so I do one after the other.

Recipe (not doubled yet lol)

6 eggs, 1/4 c cottage cheese, 1/4 c shredded cheese, 1/8 c milk, 3 pieces of bacon chopped, small handful of spinach chopped and salt and pepper to taste

I start with a cup of water in the IP on saute so it boils. I put everything in a blender except for the bacon and spinach and blend. I do a quick wipe of butter in the silicone tray. Then a pinch of spinach and bacon in each tray. Blend your ingredients and then pour into the trays, I pour to the top and sprinkle a little Nature's Seasoning but you could just use a little pepper. Then I place the tray on the trivet and lower it into the pot. Cancel the saute and then hit the steam button for 7 minutes. I NPR for about 10 minutes. I'll go over to tapatalk and add a picture.
    I made these this morning, and though yours were prettier, they were delicious! Frank loved them. I was too lazy to shop, so I had to use ricotta instead of cottage cheese, and a bit of heavy cream instead of milk, but they still came out nice and fluffy. Thank you!

Those egg bites look delicious, and the recipe is easy. I guess my next Amazon order will include a silicone tray!

owls
    So, did you Instapot owners get rid of your rice cookers, crock-pots, bread machines or did you keep them?

Quote Originally Posted by owls View Post
    So, did you Instapot owners get rid of your rice cookers, crock-pots, bread machines or did you keep them?
    I still do rice on the stove, I never had a rice cooker, but I usually have other stuff in my IP so it's just easier. I don't think I'd use my crock pot or bread machine ever again, I really love my IP!

Quote Originally Posted by owls View Post
    Funny you should ask, as I have been wondering the same thing since I added a few new small appliances to my kitchen recently. My bread machine has been in the basement for years now (not even sure I could find it), but I will give the rice cooker to my son and donate the small crockpot. I think I will keep my big ass crockpot as there are a few times I need to feed a crowd.

What I need to get rid of is my old but amazing Cuisinart food processor and all the attachments and blades I bought for it in it's heyday. It's in that cabinet over the fridge and it's so heavy that I couldn't get it down to use it even if I wanted to! I'm debating whether or not to give away my good blender as I have a silly Magic Bullet now that does what I need. I also have a really nice toaster that I have no use for now!