User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Instant Pot

Blog Entries
    @Nhcris
    If you click on the symbol to the right of the 67 cal it give the full nutritional info. So you say you get to subtract 3.8 fiber. I didn't know that.

Nutritional Information
    Instant Pot(R) Vegan Cabbage Detox Soup

1 Serving
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 67
    Calories from Fat: 4
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat: 0.4
    Saturated Fat: 0.1
    Cholesterol: 0
    Sodium: 348
    Total Carbohydrates: 13.4
    ** Sugars: 7.2
    Dietary Fiber: 3.8
    Protein: 2.3
    Vitamin A - IU: 7138
    Vitamin C: 27
    Calcium: 79
    Iron: 2
    ** Potassium: 367
    ** Thiamin: < 1
    ** Niacin Equivalents: < 1
    ** Vitamin B6: < 1
    ** Magnesium: 15
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    @Nhcris
    If you click on the symbol to the right of the 67 cal it give the full nutritional info. So you say you get to subtract 3.8 fiber. I didn't know that.

Yup, that's how we do it for Keto. When you are staying below 20, every tenth of a gram counts haha. But, it makes sense to me because of the way the body processes it. The carbs in this soup come primarily from the tomatoes, carrots & onions, and those do turn to sugar unfortunately. A good rule of thumb is that any vegges that grow below ground have more carbs. And fruits are loaded, and tomatoes are actually a fruit, dammit!

This soup is still wicked healthy, though and a great option for anyone that isn't going super low carb.

I made this tonight. It was delicious.

https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/press...ork-pot-roast/

Quote Originally Posted by Suze1000 View Post

I was just looking at that recipe on that site this afternoon to confirm how long to cook a pot roast in the Instant Pot. I used Giada's recipe, though, and it too was delicious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze1000 View Post

Yep made a pork loin roast in the pressure cooker on Sunday - on Monday made a stir fry with the left overs. I do like my pressure cooker.
    Last edited by Curlyd; 01-18-2018 at 01:37 AM.
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by serenasea View Post
    I was just looking at that recipe on that site this afternoon to confirm how long to cook a pot roast in the Instant Pot. I used Giada's recipe, though, and it too was delicious.
    I usually find that 35 to 40 min (after cooker brought up to pressure) is just right but then again my roasts are usually on the small side. 3 lbs or less.
    Dawn

This is super exciting, my sister got one for Christmas but has been internally debating about returning it (to Costco) and buying the Instant Pot version instead. She hesitates because it was a gift but I told her it's not like she's going to return it for the money, she's just going to get the brand she wants. If the person ever comes over to eat some of her pressure cooking they wouldn't go and stare at the pressure cooker anyways and would just be happy she was using it.

Ang

Made a pork loin last weekend..was ok, moister but not as tender as slow cooker...Then put the rest back in and made pulled pork, did a great job of that.
    Today I cooked down some Rhubarb to use in a muffin recipe...did a great job of that, 5 min...then for lunch threw in a pack of Yakasokba Noodles some stir fry Vegetables and some shrimp in, 4min and it was really good. I would do that again the vegetables stayed in tact better than when I stir fry....Doing a Turkey Breast for Dinner...So far like my fake insta pot

I have been mostly using the IP for prep the last couple of weeks. I've been throwing in 2-3 pounds of boneless chicken thighs or breasts wth some seasonings to have some proteins ready to go. I also did a bunch of Italian sausage in there, but I should've taken the time to brown them first. But it is really easy to get simple things ready for the week to thrown in salads or sauces.

Hey @sondor, how was turkey breast? I'm thinking I want to get one next time I shop and give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I have been mostly using the IP for prep the last couple of weeks. I've been throwing in 2-3 pounds of boneless chicken thighs or breasts wth some seasonings to have some proteins ready to go. I also did a bunch of Italian sausage in there, but I should've taken the time to brown them first. But it is really easy to get simple things ready for the week to thrown in salads or sauces.

Hey @sondor, how was turkey breast? I'm thinking I want to get one next time I shop and give that a try.
    It was good, may have cooked a little too long as it was not as juicy as I had hoped. I did not brown it so the skin was soft but we don't eat that anyway. Just for the speed I would use it for that every time and try a little less time....still nervous with undone food since it cooks so quickly