User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CPT's Power Air Fryer Review & Taste Test - Fried Food without the guilt!

Wouldn't mind getting one but just these contraptions take up so much counter or cupboard spaces

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Wouldn't mind getting one but just these contraptions take up so much counter or cupboard spaces
    That's my problem. I have a small kitchen, and since KETO I have a line of small appliances that I use regularly. Keurig (of course), Instant Pot, Spiralizer/Food Processor, Immersion Blender, & a Magic Bullet (doesn't that sound like a sex toy?) Then there's all the ones in the cabinet, like the toaster, hand mixer, waffle iron, panini press, back up coffee maker, and some I can't even see back in the corner. I fear that is where the Air Fryer would end up, so I am not ready yet.

Thanks for the review I have been wondering how well it works. Is it easy to clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Joangca View Post
    Thanks for the review I have been wondering how well it works. Is it easy to clean?
    Super easy, the insides are dishwasher safe!

Today I made a sirloin..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am going to try this for dinner, air fried grilled cheese and tomato soup...mmmm. Will post my final product!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got scared when the cheese started getting overdone. I imagine this is an art I will have to master!

Ok, we've played around with the air fryer, sorry, forgot pics! And I think "fryer" is a bit of a misnomer. It's more an air crisper. Things come out much more evenly browned and crispy than if you baked them in the oven, but by no means does it taste fried. We did panko pork chops last night, they were crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, but I think they would have tasted better sautéed in olive oil, lol!
    Is it a super healthy way to cook, yes! Does it replace a craving for fried food, no.
    Trying fries this weekend, so far we've only done proteins. The juiciness it retains is definitely a plus over baking in the oven! And food is super crispy.
    Also haven't tried processed frozen foods in it do those might taste "more fried" since they have fat built into them.
    Will try to remember to post pics!
    Slot wins @

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Ok, we've played around with the air fryer, sorry, forgot pics! And I think "fryer" is a bit of a misnomer. It's more an air crisper. Things come out much more evenly browned and crispy than if you baked them in the oven, but by no means does it taste fried. We did panko pork chops last night, they were crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, but I think they would have tasted better sautéed in olive oil, lol!
    Is it a super healthy way to cook, yes! Does it replace a craving for fried food, no.
    Trying fries this weekend, so far we've only done proteins. The juiciness it retains is definitely a plus over baking in the oven! And food is super crispy.
    Also haven't tried processed frozen foods in it do those might taste "more fried" since they have fat built into them.
    Will try to remember to post pics!
    I think you will find the processed food is more of a crisp than a fry as well. Very good comparison, I think you are spot on. Look forward to hearing more air fryer talk!

@CPT @CTslotters Do you ever add a tablespoon of cooking oil to the bottom of the fryer? I've found that this makes things much crispier. I kind of drizzle the oil on the bottom of the basket, most of it falls through so it's not super fattening but it seems to do the job better for crisping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    @CPT @CTslotters Do you ever add a tablespoon of cooking oil to the bottom of the fryer? I've found that this makes things much crispier. I kind of drizzle the oil on the bottom of the basket, most of it falls through so it's not super fattening but it seems to do the job better for crisping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    No, but that makes some sense! I will try that!