User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the weekend, what are you cooking Jokers?

It's the weekend, what are you cooking Jokers?

It seems like I do the most of my cooking on the weekends. Here are my weekend low carb cooking plans...

Friday - Jalapeno poppers we made this fall when the farmer's market was full of jalapenos and froze. Probably a shrimp cocktail to go with it.

Saturday - Tomahawk steak and sheet pan mushrooms. Mushroom recipe:
    https://damndelicious.net/2017/05/16...ter-mushrooms/

Sunday - Pork shoulder slow cooked in my cast iron dutch oven with cauliflower mash.

Any low carb cooking plans Jokers?

Saturday and Sunday will be having avocado and bacon on toast for breakfast. I could eat these three times a day.

Blog Entries
    Being corn beef is on sale, bought 2, so that will be dinners and lunch for lots of meals.

I知 currently roasting a chicken. We値l have lots of leftovers. Tomorrow I知 doing ribs in the crockpot. I知 searching the internet for a simple recipe now.

owls
    Sunday...King Ranch Casserole and salad for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by owls View Post
    Sunday...King Ranch Casserole and salad for dinner.
    Had to look that one up..it sounds delicious!

The tomahawk ribeye was the best steak I致e had in a long time...the sheet pan mushrooms were delicious but next time I値l roast them at a higher temperature.

This was mostly a lost weekend for me, but today I will be doing some food prep for the week. I found a new meatball recipe to try. I also got some country style spare ribs I will cook up in the Instant Pot. I'll boil some eggs, cook some bacon & get all my salad ingredients ready.

For dinner tonight I plan to do a chicken paillard over spinach and arugula. I am going to try to replicate @DK528's tomato vinaigrette with it.

@Mary9915, I never ever thought to cook mushrooms in the oven. That recipe looks divine with just the right flavors, and it is going on my list. I wish I hadn't bought the lazy pre-sliced mushrooms this week, or I would make them immediately!

@hytail, you are killing me with your avocado & bacon on toast. It's one of my most favorite things!

Holy Hell @Mary9915, that dinner looks like restaurant quality only better! Just beautiful!

That looks amazing @Mary9915 love mushrooms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk