User Tag List

Thread: Immersion Blender?

Immersion Blender?

Anyone have any suggestions for a decent immersion blender? I have never used one in spite of receiving two as gifts over the years. I gave one to one of my kids and donated the other. Now I want one dammit!

So, I am looking for a reasonably priced one that will do simple tasks, like making mayonnaise, pureeing soups and making salad dressings. Suggestions?

Blog Entries
    I have a Viking and love it. Comes with attachments, small food processor, cup, whisk, and the super powerful blender.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for a decent immersion blender? I have never used one in spite of receiving two as gifts over the years. I gave one to one of my kids and donated the other. Now I want one dammit!

So, I am looking for a reasonably priced one that will do simple tasks, like making mayonnaise, pureeing soups and making salad dressings. Suggestions?
    I have 2 - the best one is a Cuisinart that I actually got with gift points years ago at Harrah's Joliet. I don't use it much except to help with breaking up some of my bean and pea soups or sometimes with gravy, but I like it. It has a number of attachments.
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...ion%20blenders

I have this for dressings (but it's not my favorite)

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...salad-dressing
    Last edited by Curlyd; 12-08-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    Dawn

I have a very basic Cuisinart, no additional attachments. I love that thing. I have a separate mixer with attachments, such as grinders, slicers, and food processor, but my most used tool is the immersion blender.

Blog Entries
    I need more ideas on where to use the immersion blender, obviously I am under trained!
    Dawn

I've got a kitchenaid one. I don't use it very often to be honest. I usually grap my hand blender.

I have a cuisinart that I’ve had for years. I love it. It has a whisk attachment that I use all the time to make whipped cream. It takes like 30 seconds. They were just on sale at Costco last month for 19.99.
    I also have a Ninja blender that we used a lot for protein shakes,salad dressing, and mostly frozen adult beverages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja is the best one I have read as it keeps all the nutrients

Where as a juicer doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    I need more ideas on where to use the immersion blender, obviously I am under trained!
    We can learn together after Christmas. I put one on my wishlist, and I am pretty sure Santa will deliver since he likes to eat

Yes I am resurrecting a 2 year old thread to get my 10 posts. I love blenders! Especially immersion ones!