User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the weekend, what are you cooking Jokers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's the weekend, what are you cooking Jokers?

It seems like I do the most of my cooking on the weekends. Here are my weekend low carb cooking plans...

Friday - Jalapeno poppers we made this fall when the farmer's market was full of jalapenos and froze. Probably a shrimp cocktail to go with it.

Saturday - Tomahawk steak and sheet pan mushrooms. Mushroom recipe:
    https://damndelicious.net/2017/05/16...ter-mushrooms/

Sunday - Pork shoulder slow cooked in my cast iron dutch oven with cauliflower mash.

Any low carb cooking plans Jokers?

Saturday and Sunday will be having avocado and bacon on toast for breakfast. I could eat these three times a day.

Blog Entries
    Being corn beef is on sale, bought 2, so that will be dinners and lunch for lots of meals.

I知 currently roasting a chicken. We値l have lots of leftovers. Tomorrow I知 doing ribs in the crockpot. I知 searching the internet for a simple recipe now.

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    I知 currently roasting a chicken. We値l have lots of leftovers. Tomorrow I知 doing ribs in the crockpot. I知 searching the internet for a simple recipe now.
    @Elf70 I'm a little late on this but I have a great recipe (I think) for ribs in the crockpot. I use the preseasoned ribs from Costco and mix liquid smoke and Dr. Pepper and pour it over them, and just cook on low for a long time. Put them under the broiler for some color and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    @Elf70 I'm a little late on this but I have a great recipe (I think) for ribs in the crockpot. I use the preseasoned ribs from Costco and mix liquid smoke and Dr. Pepper and pour it over them, and just cook on low for a long time. Put them under the broiler for some color and you are good to go.
    Thanks! I値l give this a try. Sounds weird but delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Pat, have not yet had Costco's ribs, but they are supposed to be great! Also, have heard about the Dr. Pepper recipe many times.

owls
    Sunday...King Ranch Casserole and salad for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by owls View Post
    Sunday...King Ranch Casserole and salad for dinner.
    Had to look that one up..it sounds delicious!

Holy Hell @Mary9915, that dinner looks like restaurant quality only better! Just beautiful!