User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the weekend, what are you cooking Jokers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    This was mostly a lost weekend for me, but today I will be doing some food prep for the week. I found a new meatball recipe to try. I also got some country style spare ribs I will cook up in the Instant Pot. I'll boil some eggs, cook some bacon & get all my salad ingredients ready.

For dinner tonight I plan to do a chicken paillard over spinach and arugula. I am going to try to replicate @DK528's tomato vinaigrette with it.

@Mary9915, I never ever thought to cook mushrooms in the oven. That recipe looks divine with just the right flavors, and it is going on my list. I wish I hadn't bought the lazy pre-sliced mushrooms this week, or I would make them immediately!

@hytail, you are killing me with your avocado & bacon on toast. It's one of my most favorite things!
    I can’t wait to hear how the vinaigrette and chicken paillard turn out Chris. Don’t forget pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    That looks amazing @Mary9915 love mushrooms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They were so flavorful cooked in the oven!

Blog Entries
    I made six quarts of Beef Barley soup and hard boiled a dozen eggs.
    Dawn

@Mary9915 looks great I think you just raised the keto bar.hhh

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    @Mary9915 looks great I think you just raised the keto bar.hhh

ha!

It's the weekend, what are you cooking Jokers?

Foamy and I tried a few new things today.
    For lunch an unwich- ham, Swiss, pickles and Italian dressing and Italian seasoning baked in the oven

Tonight Brussel sprouts marinated in balsamic glaze and wrapped in bacon
    And keto scotch eggs

Before

And after

They were all good and will make again. Should work for camping season! Next time will try not boiling the eggs so hard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Foamy and I tried a few new things today.
    For lunch an unwich- ham, Swiss, pickles and Italian dressing and Italian seasoning baked in the oven

Tonight Brussel sprouts marinated in balsamic glaze and wrapped in bacon
    And keto scotch eggs

Before

And after

They were all good and will make again. Should work for camping season! Next time will try not boiling the eggs so hard

It all looks great! I could never get my eggs hard boiled perfectly until I found a recipe to follow. I don't boil them I steam them. 12 minutes in a steam basket is the recipe but I always due 13 just to be sure. Then dump into an ice water bath. They come out perfect every time and are so easy to peel.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...gs-recipe.html
    Dawn

It's the weekend, what are you cooking Jokers?

Oh they peeled easy foamy just thought the yokes should be softer. The recipe did give times for that I just boiled them hard as usual

Last edited by Laurie; 03-11-2018 at 10:34 PM.

My day did not go as planned and I got none of My prep done. But I tried a new easy recipe For Dinner and It’s not bad. Low carb taco cabbage skillet. I’ll make it again. recipe https://www.heyketomama.com/low-carb...bbage-skillet/

Wow, nice work you two! Can I have details on the bacon wrapped Brussels? They sound delicious! So creative!