User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day (Week) Planning Trip

Memorial Day (Week) Planning Trip

OK Jokers some advice needed. I have a birthday coming up and my sisters (who don't like to gamble - or so they say) want to do a girls trip to Las Vegas. So the planning begins. I booked PH for 4 nights as Mlife couldn't come through on the Ricky Martin tickets that my younger sister was hoping we could go to. Now my older sister wants to stay at her timeshare (Westgate) rather than on the strip since we can get a 2 bedroom/2 bath there.

I agree that 3 women and 1 bathroom is a concern, but I've never stepped foot in Westgate, not even sure where it's located. Any thoughts on Westgate?

I don't have a host anywhere in Vegas and my TR says host available, but there is no info on which host is assigned. I did leave a VM for Edith since she was so helpful in February for the M&G, so I'll see if there is anything she can help me arrange.

I love my sisters and it's awesome that they want to spend my birthday with me doing something I love so hopefully we are able to do some fun things and still let me get my gamble on and meet up with some Jokers.

The Westgate is the old Las Vegas Hilton. I never went there but I know the monorail goes there so that is a way to get around.

Keep your room at Planet Hollywood and you stay there, and let them stay at Westgate. Or if you stay at Westgate, PHo would be an escape if you needed a nap or something. Like Mary said, the monorail would be easy access to the strip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree with @zeus . Having both rooms would be very handy. Especially since PH is right in the middle of everything.

It sounds like a wonderful birthday trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard Vinnie Favorito performs regularly at the Westgate. If so, you ladies might consider that entertainment instead of Ricky Martin.

I caved. Well sortof. I told my sis to book the Westgate if its still available. For now I'm keeping the reservation at PH (my escape plan).

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    OK Jokers some advice needed. I have a birthday coming up and my sisters (who don't like to gamble - or so they say) want to do a girls trip to Las Vegas. So the planning begins. I booked PH for 4 nights as Mlife couldn't come through on the Ricky Martin tickets that my younger sister was hoping we could go to. Now my older sister wants to stay at her timeshare (Westgate) rather than on the strip since we can get a 2 bedroom/2 bath there.

I agree that 3 women and 1 bathroom is a concern, but I've never stepped foot in Westgate, not even sure where it's located. Any thoughts on Westgate?

I don't have a host anywhere in Vegas and my TR says host available, but there is no info on which host is assigned. I did leave a VM for Edith since she was so helpful in February for the M&G, so I'll see if there is anything she can help me arrange.

I love my sisters and it's awesome that they want to spend my birthday with me doing something I love so hopefully we are able to do some fun things and still let me get my gamble on and meet up with some Jokers.
    Edith is awsome ....dont be afraid to ask these host types about other tr locations you want ta go . our host dan told us any where in the u s we wanted to go just let him know and he would set it up for us . id be interested to see if she can do any thing for y'all .

Quote Originally Posted by charlie50 View Post
    Edith is awsome ....dont be afraid to ask these host types about other tr locations you want ta go . our host dan told us any where in the u s we wanted to go just let him know and he would set it up for us . id be interested to see if she can do any thing for y'all .
    Edith and I played phone tag for a couple days, she was willing to see what she could do, but didn't think she would be able to guarantee a suite with 2 bathrooms, so I decided to stay with the reservation I already had for now and double book at the Westgate so my sister was happy. Still have time to make changes. Room is not important to me as I don't spend much time in the room anyway. I'm curious to check out Westgate. I vaguely remember a TR recently where a Joker lost on the strip and won at Westgate so maybe they will give me a birthday handy!!!

Blog Entries
    I was at the Westgate a couple of hours over Halloween, still some good machines stashed in the back.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Keep your room at Planet Hollywood and you stay there, and let them stay at Westgate. Or if you stay at Westgate, PHo would be an escape if you needed a nap or something. Like Mary said, the monorail would be easy access to the strip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That is what I was thinking. It never hurts to have a couple of places to stay. Especially, it you have comped rooms. I am not sure if they are comped, but that would be perfect.