User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you convert????

😊👍 I like your way of thinking!

Well, I figured my "slot restriction" had lasted long enough and I took a trip to Ontario - I should have just stayed on restriction. I took $300 with me and the biggest "win" I had was $13. Needless to say, that money didn't last long. DH and I decided the house needs painting (I hated the original color; somewhere between manila vanilla and pink with verigated brick underneath); we chose slate grey with a barn red trim. After pricing out painting companies, we chose one that works with my son's company (roofing), and has a good reputation. One day later, I have a beautiful new exterior. Now on to the landscaping. We had cedar red mulch (to offset the manila vanilla) in the gardens and up the driveway, so I ripped all that out, took out the old, dying, woody, and overgrown plants/shrubs in said gardens and have it stripped down to the dirt; it filled a tow trailer for a dump run. Now to put down new weed barrier and get the black lava rock delivered; this will cost almost as much as the paint job!! No more slot fun for me till this is paid for and I pump up our savings a bit; Christmas is coming and I got grandbabies to buy for !!! Every time I come home I say "it's worth it"!! I can be happy with this "conversion".
    Last edited by slotjunkie; 10-16-2018 at 09:11 AM.

It stings when we have to do these projects, but in the long run they are so worth it. The money that you put in to your house and yard gives you many years of enjoyment.when you pull up in the car, where putting it in to slots gives you maybe a few days.

And I am sure the looks on those grandbabies faces at Christmas is priceless!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    It stings when we have to do these projects, but in the long run they are so worth it. The money that you put in to your house and yard gives you many years of enjoyment.when you pull up in the car, where putting it in to slots gives you maybe a few days.

And I am sure the looks on those grandbabies faces at Christmas is priceless!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yup, I have 2 lavender bushes and the box elder bushes and a couple of salvia plants after digging everything else out; I will be replacing with above ground huge ginger planters in dark red trimmed in black to match the lava rock; I figure it will take about 6-8 of them (these are the size of a large end table and I will probably have to take out a second mortgage to pay for them) and I plan on doing iris', exotic grasses and johnny jump-ups in a few of them just to have some color in front (everything will be perennials). Oddly enough, I am finding that I didn't even get the "twitches" from being gone from slotting for so long and then going back to play (for that short time it allowed me). I came back home pretty bummed and decided OK, I need more time off. I will get my fix from lurking here and watching others win.