User Tag List

Thread: A Little Encouragement

A Little Encouragement

My great nephew is currently in navy bootcamp at Great Lakes and his whole family is making sure he gets mail regularly to keep his spirits up. I just found out from my niece today that many of the recruits get no mail whatsoever and it would help them tremendously to get letters of support. I'm going to insert the original letter from one of the recruits asking anyone who might want to take a little time out of their day to to write to these young men and another image on how to address the envelope. It's all on the up and up....I've checked thoroughly the address, ship name etc. with navydads.com and if you are so inclined and can offer any words of encouragment to these that would be wonderful. I know each and every one of you have busy lives and if you cannot write that's ok, I just wanted to share with the hopes that some of these recruits will know once and for all that someone out there does care. Thanks all! Carol

facebook_1526131483362_resized.jpg

32253768_2084538431782826_5332053158971572224_n.jpg

PS You don't have to give any personal info at all, just a generic letter of support. You don't even have to put your return address on the envelope. If you cannot see easily the letter from SR Jonathon Jason try zooming and if that doesn't work I would be happy to transcribe, just let me know. Also my niece said because of today's schooling priorities cursive is not taught anymore and recruits cannot read it so please print or type your letters. Again thank you!

Thanks for the reminder that these men and women who defend our country need our support any way we can offer it. What a great post! I'll be working on a letter or two in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Whenever I see someone in uniform I will thank them for their service. Also generally will walk up to any police and tell them "Be safe".