User Tag List

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

Blog Entries

All things Southwest Airlines

If you fly SWA, here's your thread.

Apparently, SWA is going to give another go to the interior layout.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...w-seating.html
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Blog Entries
    For you cross country travelers

If you click on the flight number on SWA website, it will tell you which series of 737 that flight uses and capacity. From Columbus to Vegas, SWA uses 737-700 and 737-800. The 700 series holds 143 and the 800 holds 175. The 800 is longer and has much more room between seats. It's so much better that we align our travel dates so we can be on the 800, particularly out as it's a 1 hr longer flight.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Fun Fact - Southwest Airlines hub is Dallas-Love Field hence their stock "LUV".

Blog Entries

All things Southwest Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    Fun Fact - Southwest Airlines hub is Dallas-Love Field hence their stock "LUV".
    I knew that was their ticker symbol but I always thought it was because they are cute and want us to LUV Southwest Airlines. Never knew it was because of Love Field!

CNBC has a 1hr program on Southwest they show from time to time. Shows the history of the airline and how Braniff tried to run them out of business, was interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sondor View Post
    CNBC has a 1hr program on Southwest they show from time to time. Shows the history of the airline and how Braniff tried to run them out of business, was interesting.
    I think I remember a Playboy that featured the girls of Braniff way back lol
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    I think I remember a Playboy that featured the girls of Braniff way back lol
    Ha, ha! I wouldn't be surprised. We had an employee that used to be a "stewardess" for Braniff, and she still had her "Pucci" designer outfit and her go go boots. Her daughter wore it for a Halloween costume one year

Blog Entries
    A new award pricing model went into effect today for SW. Here are some deets.

http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...pricing-model/

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    A new award pricing model went into effect today for SW. Here are some deets.

http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...pricing-model/
    So far most awards look pretty close to what they were, but I imagine they will slowly inch upward, especially when people stop paying such close attention.

I am already shopping for a new airline for my long distance travels, but SWA is still pretty decent for flights 3 hours or less.

Have made an executive moemoe decision and decided to buy only Business Select seating on Southwest any more - don't care what the cost difference is, fully refundable and includes earlybird seating - this decision stems from the fact that we're into 5-week countdown mode before $700+ credits expire from an unavoidable cancelled 2014 trip... we're booked but until I'm in the air can only see my $$$ circling the drain right now, yes call the whambulance LOL...