User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    @SoCalRob, if you hold off for a bit they have a 50,000 point offer periodically. As a matter of fact, I think I saw a ink to it on VMB. Let me see if I can find it.

It's only worth it if you will be flying SWA. I thought you were disgusted with them and weren't going to fly them anymore?

edit: Here's the link. 50,000 points with $2000 send in 3 months. Hopefully it will work for you. https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/2rtfosam1
    To be fair when it comes to the west coast...I don't really have a choice...it seems to be the cheapest airline...I just have to endure the delays that come with it I guess. Link doesn't work.

@SoCalRob, if you hold off for a bit they have a 50,000 point offer periodically. As a matter of fact, I think I saw a ink to it on VMB. Let me see if I can find it.

It's only worth it if you will be flying SWA. I thought you were disgusted with them and weren't going to fly them anymore?

edit: Here's the link. 50,000 points with $2000 send in 3 months. Hopefully it will work for you. https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/2rtfosam1
    The reason I'm not holding off is because I want to nail in the decent flight prices for Clemi's bday.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    The reason I'm not holding off is because I want to nail in the decent flight prices for Clemi's bday.
    Not sure if you saw the edit. I included a link for the 50,000 points.

Not sure if you saw the edit. I included a link for the 50,000 points.
    Yeah I did. On my first post to you I replied to that. That offer has expired.

Yeah I did. On my first post to you I replied to that. That offer has expired.
    Oh shit, sorry about that. I'll poke around to see if I can find another, but the 50,000 is not always available.

Nope, the only one with 50,000 right now is the Premier Business card.

Oh shit, sorry about that. I'll poke around to see if I can find another, but the 50,000 is not always available.

Nope, the only one with 50,000 right now is the Premier Business card.
    So should I go with the $100 statement credit w/ 10,000 bonus after $500 or just the standard 25,000 bonus after $1k (this one I dont know how long it'll take to be able to book my flight, unless they link my cc number to my RR account...I just don't feel like calling and asking!)

So should I go with the $100 statement credit w/ 10,000 bonus after $500 or just the standard 25,000 bonus after $1k (this one I dont know how long it'll take to be able to book my flight, unless they link my cc number to my RR account...I just don't feel like calling and asking!)
    Have you looked at how many points it is for the flights you want to take? For me, 10,000 points doesn't do much since the flights I take are long. Generally a round trip is between 20,000 & 25,000 for me and I just used 32,000 points for a round trip from San Antonio to San Francisco for my son. It might be worth it for you since you are looking for shorter flights?

If I recall correctly, you don't get the bonus points until the statement comes out after you have made the required spend. So, probably 4-6 weeks from sign up? I could be off on that though.

Blog Entries

All things Southwest Airlines

Rob, you need to wait til the 50,000 pt offer comes back. And then get the personal and the business card. Charge $10k and you'll have 110,000 pts which qualifies you for the companion pass. Then your companion will fly for free for the remainder of that year and the next year! (So you can get up to two years of free travel). And you can change your companion several times too.

Here is a good write up about it.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/0...ompanion-pass/

Personally I wouldn't sign up for the SWA CC until the 50,000 pt offer is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    Rob, you need to wait til the 50,000 pt offer comes back. And then get the personal and the business card. Charge $10k and you'll have 110,000 pts which qualifies you for the companion pass. Then your companion will fly for free for the remainder of that year and the next year! (So you can get up to two years of free travel). And you can change your companion several times too.

Here is a good write up about it.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/0...ompanion-pass/

Personally I wouldn't sign up for the SWA CC until the 50,000 pt offer is available.
    Dear God....I wouldn't spend 10k in a year...that would not work for me at all....The small 10k offer or even 25k offers work for me because my short travel is only about 9k per round trip...I've already got a bunch of miles as it is. The problem with waiting is I have no clue when it would be that it is going to pop up. Not only that, I wanna get my flight booked before the prices increase. Seems I keep just missing the good prices every time I hold off on booking.

Have you looked at how many points it is for the flights you want to take? For me, 10,000 points doesn't do much since the flights I take are long. Generally a round trip is between 20,000 & 25,000 for me and I just used 32,000 points for a round trip from San Antonio to San Francisco for my son. It might be worth it for you since you are looking for shorter flights?

If I recall correctly, you don't get the bonus points until the statement comes out after you have made the required spend. So, probably 4-6 weeks from sign up? I could be off on that though.
    A flight to vegas from san is like 8,800. So ten is low, 25k is better...but...I don't know if I sign up with 25k, how long I'll have to wait for the card to be able to book the flight. Where as the 10k bonus offer is included in booking the flight. Plus the $100 off. I'm assuming with the 25k offer I won't have access to the card/account number in order to charge it to the SWA account right away to book the flight...and thus I'll have to wait for the physical card to book said flight.