User Tag List

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    Good to know, I've not booked my flights yet so I'll consider getting the card, thanks!
    @clemi, Keep your eyes open for the 50,000 point offer. My Tim just got the offer in today's email.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    @clemi, Keep your eyes open for the 50,000 point offer. My Tim just got the offer in today's email.
    I think I got the same one, not a bad deal!

Attachment 2764

In my opinion, if there's just you and maybe one other person...$2k is a lot to spend in three months. That's one reason I didn't wait. My main credit cards are my Chase Disney and my Amex Gold Delta. I use a Chase Amazon for anything I buy on Amazon and my TR card when I'm at CET hotels. I got the Southwest one for pure SWA flights only.

It would keep me stepping too Rob. I probably spend $800-$900 on groceries. Probably $200 in gas. Pay the internet and cell bill. I could get close with some excess purchases I suppose. I like my Amex with no annual fee for now.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    It would keep me stepping too Rob. I probably spend $800-$900 on groceries. Probably $200 in gas. Pay the internet and cell bill. I could get close with some excess purchases I suppose. I like my Amex with no annual fee for now.
    @CPT Well @SoCalRob might not be as good of a couponer as you so that might make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    In my opinion, if there's just you and maybe one other person...$2k is a lot to spend in three months. That's one reason I didn't wait. My main credit cards are my Chase Disney and my Amex Gold Delta. I use a Chase Amazon for anything I buy on Amazon and my TR card when I'm at CET hotels. I got the Southwest one for pure SWA flights only.
    @SoCalRob If you have a friend that run's a bussiness for someone run the card for the cash sales he has one day and have him give you the money I know some people that do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    Yeah. I was a little weary of the damn annual fee. I love my Amex card.

Blog Entries
    I check rental car prices using SWA everyday. Sometimes I run into prices that make no sense. I'm looking at Alamo premium car for 12/13-12/20.

I check prices for picking up at 9am, 9:30am, and 10am. Return time is always 7:30am on 12/20.

Prices:
    -9am $243
    -9:30am $204
    -10am $243

Some sort of glitch to exploit in the pricing. You just gotta check this stuff folks
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Wow what a joke for half hour diff thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    I check rental car prices using SWA everyday. Sometimes I run into prices that make no sense. I'm looking at Alamo premium car for 12/13-12/20.

I check prices for picking up at 9am, 9:30am, and 10am. Return time is always 7:30am on 12/20.

Prices:
    -9am $243
    -9:30am $204
    -10am $243

Some sort of glitch to exploit in the pricing. You just gotta check this stuff folks
    I have also run into that with Alamo. Luckily I am slightly crazy when it comes to deals on travel, so I don't mind playing around with the times. Not just in Vegas, either.