User Tag List

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSong View Post
    I got A35 which I will print at airport....any tips on where to sit? I usually pick a window seat so I won't have to get up if seat mates go to bathroom a lot. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by UTtoyfan View Post
    I get window seats too! Anywhere near the front is great so you can get off early.
    I only sit at windows. Just like @UTtoyfan I usually pick as close to the front as possible without being in the first three rows. Usually. Between 8 and 15 I think.

I got A35 which I will print at airport....any tips on where to sit? I usually pick a window seat so I won't have to get up if seat mates go to bathroom a lot. Thanks!
    As close as possible to the front for speedier departure once you get to Vegas! As Trey said, A1-A15 are for Business fare/A List and a lot of the flights I've been on there are hardly 3-5 people in that group. A35 will get you a nice window seat close to the front. You know how they say the people in first class get to glare up at the poor people in coach as they board behind their newspaper? Yeah on Southwest that's what it feels like to board in the A group..Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    No matter when you check in you still get the same boarding position with early bird. A1-15 is usually reserved for business class so best you can get would be A16.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    As close as possible to the front for speedier departure once you get to Vegas! As Trey said, A1-A15 are for Business fare/A List and a lot of the flights I've been on there are hardly 3-5 people in that group. A35 will get you a nice window seat close to the front. You know how they say the people in first class get to glare up at the poor people in coach as they board behind their newspaper? Yeah on Southwest that's what it feels like to board in the A group..Hehe
    I'd like to point out that while this is technically true. You can BUY your way into the A1-15 boarding group without being business class. When you get to the airport. Say you have a B or C boarding group and you do in fact care about where you sit. You can pay them $40 bucks usually and they move your boarding number from wherever you are to A1-15. So you're paying less that a business fare and still getting that FIRST on experience. I do this from time to time if I don't purchase early bird or get anything from A30 to C whatever. I know it is unnecessary for most but again, I am SUPER anal about where I sit. Hell, one time I was A 20 something and still paid to get bumped up. I usually end up A1-5. Twice I've been A1.

I take my cane and walk pretty slow, so I get pre-board and sit window rows 2-8.

Blog Entries
    I just rebooked our outbound Dec 13 flight and was refunded about 7000 points. Some Dec flights price dropped on SWA website today
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Blog Entries
    Oh my butt feels better all ready NOW get those rates down a little Y'all might have some thing .

Is it easy to use points, I have about 7140 not sure if that will get me anything.

Blog Entries
    Is it easy to use points, I have about 7140 not sure if that will get me anything.
    If you go to SWA fares calendar view, there's a button that will toggle from $ to points.

7000 pts currently offsets about a $129 in airfare. If you're close, you can always buy points.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

We purchased tickets for a December trip and I noticed that the price has went down.

What do I do? Do I have to cancel the other flight first and then rebook the new flight? I'm afraid if I cancel - the price may go up before I can rebook.

Any step by step instructions would be a great help. I'm not used to flying Southwest. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
    We purchased tickets for a December trip and I noticed that the price has went down.

What do I do? Do I have to cancel the other flight first and then rebook the new flight? I'm afraid if I cancel - the price may go up before I can rebook.

Any step by step instructions would be a great help. I'm not used to flying Southwest. Thanks!
    Sassy, it's really easy to do and I was nervous the 1st time but I think I've changed my Coushatta flight 4 times now due to price drops. I'm at work and southwest doesn't load well on our work computers so I can't give you step by step instructions but I'm sure one of the Southwest experts will be along shortly to help you. I do remember that before you submit the change it shows you exactly what the new price is and will show you the credit you earned for a future flight. My phone doesn't look the same as the desktop version so I can't help you from there either.

How much will you be saving?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk