User Tag List

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

Does anyone on this Forum have the SW card...if so, is it beneficial?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    We do. For the $69 a year fee we earn enough points with our charges to get over $600 in flights and they send you 6 or 8 (I forget) drink coupons a year. SW flies nonstop to LV from DesMoines and KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you'd say it was worth it!?

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    I just got A59 and A60 for our flight to Florida tomorrow. Ha ha ha
    I'm so particular about where I sit so if I don't get a decent A position in with/without my EB check in. I pay the $40 to upgrade into 1-15. I know to most it's a waste of money but I'm very anal about where I sit.

Blog Entries
    SWA Chase card is the only one I've used for the past 6 yrs or so. Average about $2K in charges every month. Get about 1-2 RT trips from Columbus to Vegas every year. However, I've noticed the number of points for a freebie keeps increasing.

You get 1 pt per $1 charged. Get 2x for SWA charges and Mlife (currently).

I also make all car reservations thru SWA, works great and adds lots of points.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    SWA Chase card is the only one I've used for the past 6 yrs or so. Average about $2K in charges every month. Get about 1-2 RT trips from Columbus to Vegas every year. However, I've noticed the number of points for a freebie keeps increasing.

You get 1 pt per $1 charged. Get 2x for SWA charges and Mlife (currently).

I also make all car reservations thru SWA, works great and adds lots of points.
    @treyster and @Laurie my issue here is that if I'm booking a flight on SWA right now they offer the $100 statement credit and 10k bonus points with $500 purchases. However, if I sign up just through SWA (w/o) trying to book a flight they offer 25k bonus points with $1000 in purchases. Not sure which to go for...

Blog Entries
    You can buy points thru SWA website too. Not sure which math is in your favor. You can get some nice mileage out if 25K points if you have short flights
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

So you'd say it was worth it!?
    For sure!! :thumb:

@treyster and @Laurie my issue here is that if I'm booking a flight on SWA right now they offer the $100 statement credit and 10k bonus points with $500 purchases. However, if I sign up just through SWA (w/o) trying to book a flight they offer 25k bonus points with $1000 in purchases. Not sure which to go for...
    Not sure which would be better. Sound close to the same. We just signed up at the airport because foamy liked the free gift HHH

@SoCalRob, if you hold off for a bit they have a 50,000 point offer periodically. As a matter of fact, I think I saw a ink to it on VMB. Let me see if I can find it.

It's only worth it if you will be flying SWA. I thought you were disgusted with them and weren't going to fly them anymore?

edit: Here's the link. 50,000 points with $2000 send in 3 months. Hopefully it will work for you. https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/2rtfosam1

Note: This is the one with $99 annual fee. I just got my 6,000 points today for my anniversary.