User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 17 Day Diet

Oh and yes I plan to make a pot roast tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 Day Diet

My 17 days is over finally - yay! I feel really good.

I lost a total of 8 pounds, I think I could have lost 10 if I stayed more strict with the plan but I am happy with the results. I still have a few more pounds I would like to lose but not ready to start the next cycle.

Although the diet is over there are some things I will continue like drinking the hot lemon water and drinking green tea (probably not 3 a day but maybe 2) I will also still eat yogurt or probiotic again maybe not twice a day but at least once. I’m also not planning to lose my mind and just eat all bad but I will try to eat mostly good when I can but still treat myself to the things I enjoy. I will also still continue with my elliptical which I was doing before my diet.

I like this diet because it was easy for me to follow and because I have seen results. There were some times when I would feel crazy hungry but since you can eat unlimited lean protein and veggies there was no reason I couldn’t eat.

My boyfriend did great and really helped me stay focused and he got some benefits too. I have to check to see how much total weight he lost but it was more than me.

I really appreciate all of the support from the jokers too - you are the best!

I’m cooking a pot roast for dinner - been so long since I had beef I hope it doesn’t upset my stomach. I might even eat it with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes but we will see.

Thanks again for following along and cheering me on!

Last edited by Georgiagambler; 10-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Great job GG! It really was fun to follow and follow your progress. Thanks for sharing this part of your journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Great job GG! It really was fun to follow and follow your progress. Thanks for sharing this part of your journey!
    Thanks Nhcris! You started the trend with giving the jokers some healthy activities to follow. What other place can you get gambling, health and emotional support from? Only the jokers

Congrats on the 8 pounds and for making it all 17 days. That’s quite an accomplishment. I’m only in week 2 of my quest for health and I’m having trouble staying motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Congrats on the 8 pounds and for making it all 17 days. That’s quite an accomplishment. I’m only in week 2 of my quest for health and I’m having trouble staying motivated.
    Thanks Elf, it was hard. I wanted to quit a lot of times. My boyfriend wouldn’t let me and I know the jokers wouldn’t either.

You just have to take baby steps and make the changes that you can. I know the other thing that kept me going is that I was seeing results and could tell a difference in how I feel. Just keep trying you can do it!

Thanks for bringing us along with you -- a different kind of journey than a trip report, for sure. Seeing your daily food plan and now hearing the results is very motivating. Congratulations, and enjoy that pot roast.

17 Day Diet

Quote Originally Posted by serenasea View Post
    Thanks for bringing us along with you -- a different kind of journey than a trip report, for sure. Seeing your daily food plan and now hearing the results is very motivating. Congratulations, and enjoy that pot roast.
    Thanks serenasea! Yes definitely a different kind of trip. I’m glad I was able to share it. I know a lot of people are doing Keto but I thought it might help to share another option too in case anyone is interested or looking for something to try. I also recommend the book because it’s nice to understand the why and the science behind it too.

This was very interesting! I'm glad it was successful for you too