User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting there - from here

I'm looking into doing this trip.
    Let you know what I find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying into Sacramento is also an option. I believe it's a 2 hour drive from there, but it's an option.

Blog Entries
    That's a good option, @Gypsy. My mom did a business trip in Sac a few years ago and they drove to Tahoe for one day for sightseeing.

Yeah, I've done it many times. The only time I wouldn't recommend it is if you are arriving on a Friday evening. The traffic could make it a 5 hour trip lol.

And airfare is a lot cheaper. I found RT on SW for $180 Sunday-Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah, I've done it many times. The only time I wouldn't recommend it is if you are arriving on a Friday evening. The traffic could make it a 5 hour trip lol.

And airfare is a lot cheaper. I found RT on SW for $180 Sunday-Tuesday.
    Very true - Gypsy!!! The traffic is really bad on a Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon going back from Tahoe to Sacramento. Beautiful views too but need to drive slower especially around those curves.

Quote Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
    I know!! LOL! I need to call Harrah's and tell them to put an extra cocktail waitress on duty during that time!!
    2 of them if i come LOL

Fortunate for me Alaska air flies many times to Reno and LV. just have to make sure there isn't someone sleeping in cargo hold. Hhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell from WI View Post
    I'm looking into doing this trip.
    Let you know what I find out.

Yea Darrell Hope you can make it!!

I'm flying out of LAX 6/21 and returning 6/25 $250 roundtrip. Summer months are expensive.

Mike, I admire your determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    The changing planes just to get to Reno/Tahoe is what's holding me back. I'm a lousy flyer.
    I suggest you consider flying in to Vegas for a couple days like I'm doing and then flying to Reno. Of course that doesn't help with the return flight, but just an idea. Plus if you made a lot of points at Venetian/Palazzo during your recent stay there you will get a offer from them for the Grazie summer get show and it happens to be the week before and during the meet so you could fly in to Vegas collect your gifts or gift certificates and not lose those points for the show.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: