I joined My Fitness Pal. I don't do the forums there, but I do read some of it. I bought a food scale and weigh everything I eat. I log everything I eat to stay within my goals. I am feeling a LOT better about myself. I knew things weren't right last year, and knew I had gained a lot of weight, but attributed it to working a LOT of hours at a sedentary job sitting at my desk as well as very poor food choices. I finally made a doc appt after my eldest daughter's wedding. I walked in, and told her that I honestly didn't think I'd be alive in another 2 months, that I was profoundly weak, profoundly fatigued, and couldn't walk more than 5 feet without being short of breath. She did some testing and I my thyroid was majorly out of whack! Started on thyroid medication, which I know helped a lot, but then started some lifestyle changes. I am not one to workout a lot, but I can easily go shopping now without having to stop and rest or huffing and puffing. I stick to my plan with the exceptions of vacation times, but have found I now make better choices and don't eat as much on vacation. My doc is thrilled with my progress. Still a long way to go, but like I said, it's a marathon! It's CICO (calories in/calories out)