User Tag List

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weight Loss Thread

Skyler, you are doing terrific! Congrats! I think many assume a "slip up" or going off your plan for a day or meal will totally destroy everything you've done. Most of the time it doesn't. The biggest effect is just quitting. Everyone has to find what works for them.

Gain a pound last Wed weigh in. I'm totally fine with that since it was a post vegas weigh in. Once school starts on Tuesday, I'll be back to my morning workout schedule. I just do better getting it done earlier in the day. Good luck everyone!!

Steph, only a lb after Vegas? Water weight. You've probably LOST weight by now. That is REALLY good. I usually gain about 5 on vacation and am fine with it, cause they are usually gone within a week. Congrats.

I am walking on air still today I think. I lost a pound a a half last week, but had a procedure and wasn't sure it would stick, but it did, and I'm down another 2 as of this morning for a total weight loss of 112 lb since July of 2014.

My biggest news is a "non-scale victory". One of my nieces is getting married on October 10th. I also have a Tunica trip coming up the following week with friends, so I needed a dress for the wedding and some more jeans, as the jeans I'd bought in April were already too big. WELL.........I am now in both a dress size and a jean size that I haven't been in for 18-20 years!

I still have a ways to go............looking at 15-40 more pounds, but it was such an awesome feeling to try on regular size clothing and have it fit!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenB View Post
    I am walking on air still today I think. I lost a pound a a half last week, but had a procedure and wasn't sure it would stick, but it did, and I'm down another 2 as of this morning for a total weight loss of 112 lb since July of 2014.

My biggest news is a "non-scale victory". One of my nieces is getting married on October 10th. I also have a Tunica trip coming up the following week with friends, so I needed a dress for the wedding and some more jeans, as the jeans I'd bought in April were already too big. WELL.........I am now in both a dress size and a jean size that I haven't been in for 18-20 years!

I still have a ways to go............looking at 15-40 more pounds, but it was such an awesome feeling to try on regular size clothing and have it fit!
    That is Awesome!! I love those moments when you can really see your hard work is paying off.

Congratulations to you!!!!

Thank you so much all of you! It's so easy for me to look at myself and see the continued extra "lumps and bumps" and imperfections and forget to appreciate the progress that has been made. Times like this make it so worth the effort! Those who have been fortunate enough not to have to deal with this struggle don't understand the same way that those of us on this thread do. I applaud everyone who is trying. You can't succeed without trying.

That is amazing! Im just loving your success story!

I was under 140 for the first time in 2 years last week! Shopping in my closet has been fun. I hope I don't flake out after vegas, that's been a problem for me in the past.

Skyler, congrats on your milestone! I know that feels great! So far I have been able to eat what I want on vacation, but jump back into my plan when I get home. I gain some weight while I'm gone, but it's usually gone in a week. I think much of it is just water from eating foods I don't eat at home. We all have different triggers though.

I'm still going down, slowly but surely. I lost 2.5 lbs on my 09/13 weigh in, 0.5 lbs on 09/20 which I expected, since 2.5 lbs was a little high for a week, and another 2 lbs this week for a total of 117 lbs since July of 2014. I had hoped to be down another 5-6 lbs by October 10th, which is not likely to happen, but that is pure vanity on my part, and I WILL get there at some point. I am not thinking my family will notice I'm 2 lbs heavier than I wanted to be at the time, when I've lost more than 100 lbs since they've seen me.

I did have a bittersweet NSV (Non-scale victory) yesterday. My youngest daughter, who is now struggling with her weight, called me yesterday. She was asking about my progress and I told her I was making progress, but still had a ways to go. She asked me what my weight was now. When I told her, she told me I now weigh 10 lbs less than her. I am of course pleased for myself, but hate that she is going through these struggles. I don't wish it on anyone.

Hope everyone has a great and happy week!