User Tag List

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weight Loss Thread

Thought I'd revive this old "blast from the past". I know it's the holidays, a very tough time of the year! October was a tough month for me weight wise-I was on vacation for 2 entire weeks at once, which I never do, and gained more than usual when I'm on vacation. My family was amazed when they saw me, so that was terrific. It took awhile, but I finally got that "vacation weight" off, and started losing again. It's been a little slower now, but I expected it. Last week I hit a healthy BMI for the first time in over 15 years. I'm now down 123 lbs since July of 2014- 4 lbs from my original goal, but I plan on losing that plus up to another 15 lbs. Nothing with any time limits though. Life has more important things in store for me now. I am feeling blessed for the progress that has been made, giving me the physical endurance for the upcoming battles.

Hope everyone is doing well and in the process of Happy Holidays!

Blog Entries
    Wow! congratulation on your success. I am inspired. It also helps that Hubby after having a triple bypass in June and completing 12 weeks of cardiac rehab has now joined our towns fitness center (I have been a member for years, using it sporadically) so that he can continue his progress. It makes me attend 3 days a week just to support him in his progress. It's a win, win for both of us.

Congrats again, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    Wow! congratulation on your success. I am inspired. It also helps that Hubby after having a triple bypass in June and completing 12 weeks of cardiac rehab has now joined our towns fitness center (I have been a member for years, using it sporadically) so that he can continue his progress. It makes me attend 3 days a week just to support him in his progress. It's a win, win for both of us.

Congrats again, nice job.
    Congrats on your hubby for continuing his progress and recovery by joining and actually GOING to the fitness center! Coming back from a bypass is a long road, and depression is very common afterward-more so than any other surgery for unknown reasons. He is lucky to have a supportive spouse like you!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenB View Post
    Thought I'd revive this old "blast from the past". I know it's the holidays, a very tough time of the year! October was a tough month for me weight wise-I was on vacation for 2 entire weeks at once, which I never do, and gained more than usual when I'm on vacation. My family was amazed when they saw me, so that was terrific. It took awhile, but I finally got that "vacation weight" off, and started losing again. It's been a little slower now, but I expected it. Last week I hit a healthy BMI for the first time in over 15 years. I'm now down 123 lbs since July of 2014- 4 lbs from my original goal, but I plan on losing that plus up to another 15 lbs. Nothing with any time limits though. Life has more important things in store for me now. I am feeling blessed for the progress that has been made, giving me the physical endurance for the upcoming battles.

Super congrats on such a great job you've done!!!!

Ang

Thanks, Ang!
    It's particularly hard to take being stabbed in the back close to home. There's always a feeling of betrayal when people of your own group oppose you.
    Catharine MacKinnon

What an amazing achievement - KUDO's to you for sticking to your plan. You are an inspiration. I am too on a challenge to become healthier. Working out 4 - 5 days a week.. less carbs, minimal sugar. Today was beautiful outside so we hiked our local Ravine Park.. and RAN up the hill to finish up. Tonight is restorative yoga.. a great to way to physically and mentally prepare for the work week. I know I am much healthier than I was at 40 - so my 50's are going to be really good if I continue this path. Thank you for starting the thread back up.

QueenB, you have got to be so proud of yourself! Congrats on hitting a healthy BMI. That is so awesome! I bet you blew the socks off of your family. I am so thrilled for you. If I could just get my lazy butt up then possibly I could lose what I need to. Easier said than done. But you are now a healthier you. Congrats again!

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    What an amazing achievement - KUDO's to you for sticking to your plan. You are an inspiration. I am too on a challenge to become healthier. Working out 4 - 5 days a week.. less carbs, minimal sugar. Today was beautiful outside so we hiked our local Ravine Park.. and RAN up the hill to finish up. Tonight is restorative yoga.. a great to way to physically and mentally prepare for the work week. I know I am much healthier than I was at 40 - so my 50's are going to be really good if I continue this path. Thank you for starting the thread back up.
    Thank you so much! Wow, you are really killing the activity! I wish I could be a "gym rat". I was doing really well over the summer walking outside and using the treadmill when I couldn't. I've fallen off even that wagon lately with all the other priorities right now. I bet you are buff! Good to do it now too. It doesn't get any easier the older you get.
    It's particularly hard to take being stabbed in the back close to home. There's always a feeling of betrayal when people of your own group oppose you.
    Catharine MacKinnon

Thank you so much! Wow, you are really killing the activity! I wish I could be a "gym rat". I was doing really well over the summer walking outside and using the treadmill when I couldn't. I've fallen off even that wagon lately with all the other priorities right now. I bet you are buff! Good to do it now too. It doesn't get any easier the older you get.
    Luckily I go to a really small gym.. that has group work outs for people just like me. I am not intimidated like I would be at a normal gym. I am starting to get muscle tone.. and have less waddle in my chicken flab arms.. so all those are pluses. I love walking outside.. but winters in MN get tough.. so glad I have options. Lost 6% body fat since October.. but have a long way to go to get to my optimal healthy self.. but I'm working towards it and give myself credit every day for moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    QueenB, you have got to be so proud of yourself! Congrats on hitting a healthy BMI. That is so awesome! I bet you blew the socks off of your family. I am so thrilled for you. If I could just get my lazy butt up then possibly I could lose what I need to. Easier said than done. But you are now a healthier you. Congrats again!
    Thanks so much, Zeus. It was really neat! My Mom, brother, and nephew had all seen me at my heaviest and didn't know that I had been losing weight. (I told my sister since her daughter was getting married). They were amazed, in a good way. That was a good feeling, after them being amazed in not a good way when I was at my worst. The best feeling though, honestly is being healthier!
    Catharine MacKinnon