User Tag List

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weight Loss Thread

Blog Entries

The Weight Loss Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nhmajik View Post
    Congrats to all that are losing or staying even. Hoping if I hang around this thread it will give me motivation.
    I am trying to get up the motivation to go to the gym. But laying in bed with my cuddly kitty and my phone is currently winning out.

ETA - I made it to gym!

Hope you won the battle Blasé and were able to get to the gym . This is me right now, but today I'm going to be a good girl and eat well. Attachment 352

My weight goes up and down like a merry go round.
    On December 26, I weighed a whopping 262 pounds and decided to go on the Atkins diet.5 weeks later I had got down to 239 pounds but gained most all of it back during the Kansas City meet and greet and was at 258 last Monday.
    Back on the atkins diet for a week, I weighed in at 244 this morning.

Down 3.5 lbs this week for a total of 72 lbs since mid July 2014. It's a marathon.

Damn QueenB, you are doing fantastic! I have been stalled at a total 6 lb loss total. I have to change things up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenB View Post
    Down 3.5 lbs this week for a total of 72 lbs since mid July 2014. It's a marathon.
    Weigh to go Queen B. You are doing do well. You should be so proud of yourself plus you must feel so much better and have a lot more energy. What is the secret to your success?

I joined My Fitness Pal. I don't do the forums there, but I do read some of it. I bought a food scale and weigh everything I eat. I log everything I eat to stay within my goals. I am feeling a LOT better about myself. I knew things weren't right last year, and knew I had gained a lot of weight, but attributed it to working a LOT of hours at a sedentary job sitting at my desk as well as very poor food choices. I finally made a doc appt after my eldest daughter's wedding. I walked in, and told her that I honestly didn't think I'd be alive in another 2 months, that I was profoundly weak, profoundly fatigued, and couldn't walk more than 5 feet without being short of breath. She did some testing and I my thyroid was majorly out of whack! Started on thyroid medication, which I know helped a lot, but then started some lifestyle changes. I am not one to workout a lot, but I can easily go shopping now without having to stop and rest or huffing and puffing. I stick to my plan with the exceptions of vacation times, but have found I now make better choices and don't eat as much on vacation. My doc is thrilled with my progress. Still a long way to go, but like I said, it's a marathon! It's CICO (calories in/calories out)

Thank you for sharing that with us QueenB. Keeping the weight off is a never ending struggle for many of us. I have been down to my ideal weight on many occasions but because I like food so much it seems that just when I think I have it under control I start gaining a pound or 2 a month and next thing I know I have a bunch of excess weight I need to get rid of. Best wishes to you for continued success. You are an inspiration to us all.

Feel free to add me as a friend on MyFitnessPal...Username is Coberdorf

Blog Entries
    Well, as of today I am down 20 lbs since KC. I'm pretty proud of myself! I was actually really sick earlier this week and didn't make it to the gym for a few days, but otherwise I have been working out and eating really well every day.