User Tag List

Thread: How a retired couple found lottery odds in their favor..

How a retired couple found lottery odds in their favor..

This was a story on 60 Minutes last night, pretty cool story and they have since sold the rights to it for a possible movie deal!

How a retired couple found lottery odds in their favor..

Last year, Americans spent more than $80 billion playing state lotteries, that's around $250 for each citizen, more than what was spent on concerts, sporting events and movie tickets combined. Over 25 states took in more from their lottery proceeds than from corporate income tax. Because of these stakes, it's essential that, in both perception and reality, lotteries are truly games of chance, everyone entering with an equal opportunity to win. Which is why investigators took note when a retired couple from Michigan, Jerry and Marge Selbee, made $26 million winning various state lottery games dozens of times. This is not a story, though, of a con, or a scam, or an inside job. No, this is a ballad of a couple from small-town America who did something that most people only dream of. They didn't so much as beat the lottery odds as they figured them out.
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog Entries
    I watched that night. Pretty funny it was only the old geezer and MIT that had figured it out
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    I watched that night. Pretty funny it was only the old geezer and MIT that had figured it out
    I guess it was only more concentrated on two states, but yeah quite mind blowing! Unless more were doing it without press finding out.
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Great story. Others may have been doing this, but keeping it low key.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OK, some of you joker math whizzes need to figure out a way to start a Joker investment group and come up with a way to win the lottery somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Man, why couldn't I be a math nerd?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That was a cool story. At first I was thinking that the guy who came up with that game must surely have been fired, but then the story said that the state made lots of money too. Very interesting.

I read a long article about this couple, a few years ago.
    It explained exactly how they took advantage of certain lottery games but it did
    sound exhausting!

Interesting article would make a great movie thanks Ken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone figured out scratch tickets here in Toronto a few years back - a particular game. He found some stores that would allow him to take cards home to study the numbers to be scratched off and he bought the winners only. The rest he returned for non MIT fools to buy